public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* c/7649: gcc generate a wrong code
@ 2002-08-20  7:16 lium
From: lium @ 2002-08-20  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         7649
>Category:       c
>Synopsis:       gcc generate a wrong code
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          wrong-code
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Aug 20 07:16:01 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Start Network, inc.
>Release:        gcc v3.0
 *
 * hi,
 * 	i'm a programmer for a embedded system project,
 * i am using the gcc as the compiler. my host is x86, and target machine
 * is ARM.
 * the follwing is my bug report. would you tell me is it a bug, and if it
 * was a bug, how can i avoid facing it.
 * thanks in advanced.
 *
 * GCC BUG REPORT
 * when i complid the following source code,
 * the gcc complier will generate a big bug,
 * which may cause the local variable len get a invalid value.
 * it is terrible for me.
 * i found it when i disassemble the obj file.
 * So, you can disamble the .o file and you will touch the bug.
>How-To-Repeat:
see the attached file's comment
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: c/7649: gcc generate a wrong code
@ 2003-02-23 20:51 neroden
From: neroden @ 2003-02-23 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, lium, nobody

Synopsis: gcc generate a wrong code

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: neroden
State-Changed-When: Sun Feb 23 20:51:02 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    You guessed it -- no feedback > 3 mo.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7649

* Re: c/7649: gcc generate a wrong code
@ 2002-10-25 15:46 Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2002-10-25 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/7649; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
To: lium@i-net.com.cn, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c/7649: gcc generate a wrong code
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:36:40 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7649

 Hello,

 The bug report you filed does not describe what problem you are seeing,
 and it
 refers to an attached example but there is no attachment.  Without
 specifics it
 is not possible to fix bugs.

 Thanks,
 Joe

* Re: c/7649: gcc generate a wrong code
@ 2002-10-25 15:34 jbuck
From: jbuck @ 2002-10-25 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, lium, nobody

Synopsis: gcc generate a wrong code

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: jbuck
State-Changed-When: Fri Oct 25 15:34:58 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    No example, no description of the bug.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7649