public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* web/8168: What is the preferred means of reporting bugs?
@ 2002-10-08  5:06 raz+tah.bet
From: raz+tah.bet @ 2002-10-08  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

Quoting from http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html

Quoting from http://gcc.gnu.org/gnats.html (linked to "GCC GNATS bug database in above page)

> The preferred way of submitting a bug report is by
> means of the gccbug program that is automatically
> installed with current versions of GCC and submits
> the bug report by e-mail.
>
> If this is not possible, please use the gnatsweb
> interface. Make sure you include an e-mail address,
> so we can inform you when the status of your report
> changes.

So, the bugs page asks that the web interface be used in preference to the email interface while the web interface entry page asks that email be used.

Did I miss something?
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: web/8168: What is the preferred means of reporting bugs?
@ 2002-12-20 21:18 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2002-12-20 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, gerald, raz+tah.bet

Synopsis: What is the preferred means of reporting bugs?

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Fri Dec 20 21:18:21 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    The web pages seem to be in synch now.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=8168

* Re: web/8168: What is the preferred means of reporting bugs?
@ 2002-10-08 15:06 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2002-10-08 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerald; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR web/8168; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To: Janis Johnson <janis187@us.ibm.com>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: web/8168: What is the preferred means of reporting bugs?
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:56:47 +0200 (CEST)

 On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Janis Johnson wrote:
 > I changed gnats.html without noticing that the heading is "gccbug and
 > gnatsweb", and that gccbug is mentioned later in the page, in the part
 > about including large test cases.
 >
 > Do we want to continue to document gccbug, or should those references
 > to it be removed?

 I believe there were some arguments to keep it (at least for the time
 being), but deprecate it as much as possible.

 Gerald

* Re: web/8168: What is the preferred means of reporting bugs?
@ 2002-10-08 12:36 Janis Johnson
From: Janis Johnson @ 2002-10-08 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerald; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR web/8168; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Janis Johnson <janis187@us.ibm.com>
To: pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:29:36 -0700

 I changed gnats.html without noticing that the heading is "gccbug and
 gnatsweb", and that gccbug is mentioned later in the page, in the part
 about including large test cases.

 Do we want to continue to document gccbug, or should those references
 to it be removed?

 Janis

* Re: web/8168: What is the preferred means of reporting bugs?
@ 2002-10-08 11:26 Janis Johnson
From: Janis Johnson @ 2002-10-08 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerald; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR web/8168; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Janis Johnson <janis187@us.ibm.com>
To: raz+tah.bet@raz.cx
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:24:55 -0700

 On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 12:04:04PM -0000, raz+tah.bet@raz.cx wrote:

 > >Number:         8168
 > >Category:       web
 > >Synopsis:       What is the preferred means of reporting bugs?
 >
 > So, the bugs page asks that the web interface be used in preference to the email interface while the web interface entry page asks that email be used.
 >
 > Did I miss something?

 No, you caught a problem in our documentation; thanks!  Fixed with
 http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-10/msg00470.html,
 which removes the recommendation to use gccbug.

 (Gerald, I haven't yet figured out how to close bugs but I'll practice
 on this one.)

 Janis