public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: web/638: Broken gcc-cvs links
@ 2002-11-22 15:00 jsm28
From: jsm28 @ 2002-11-22 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, jsm28, overseers

Synopsis: Broken gcc-cvs links

State-Changed-From-To: closed->suspended
State-Changed-By: jsm28
State-Changed-When: Mon Nov 18 00:16:39 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Not fixed.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=638

* Re: web/638: Broken gcc-cvs links
@ 2002-11-20 18:07 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-11-20 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR web/638; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: Jason Molenda <jason-gcclist@molenda.com>
Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>, neroden@gcc.gnu.org,
        gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, overseers@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: web/638: Broken gcc-cvs links
Date: 14 Nov 2002 10:18:10 -0700

 Jason> The best one could hope for is to look at viewcvs and see if
 Jason> they've solved this problem.

 I've looked into this problem before.

 Fixing it in cvsweb looked like a pain.  As I recall I couldn't find a
 way to get rcsdiff to generate the diff we need.

 I also talked to the viewcvs maintainers about this.  They seemed
 receptive to the idea of adding the needed feature, but I don't know
 whether it ever happened.  I suspect not, since I remember downloading
 viewcvs last year and deciding not to install it.  I'm sure I would
 have investigated this feature then.

 Tom

* Re: web/638: Broken gcc-cvs links
@ 2002-11-20  9:26 Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2002-11-20  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR web/638; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jason Molenda <jason-gcclist@molenda.com>
To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: neroden@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, overseers@gcc.gnu.org,
  gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:37:05 -0800

 On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 08:26:53AM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

 > It is not working.  The link in the PR does not work, and such links are
 > still being generated (for example,
 > <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2002-11/msg00345.html> contains such a
 > link).

 Not to be a Negative Nelly, but I don't expect this to get fixed any
 time soon.  No one among the sources/gcc.gnu.org maintainers have
 jumped at it; the cvsweb maintainers have wandered off to other
 things, and cvs in general is an unloved, can't-get-replaced-quick-enough
 child of the free software world.

 The best one could hope for is to look at viewcvs and see if they've
 solved this problem.  But if I'm not mistaken, even they have their
 eyes cast towards svn these days.

* Re: web/638: Broken gcc-cvs links
@ 2002-11-20  9:23 Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2002-11-20  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR web/638; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
To: <neroden@gcc.gnu.org>,  <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>,
    Joseph Myers <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>,  <overseers@gcc.gnu.org>,
     <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:26:53 +0000 (GMT)

 On 14 Nov 2002 neroden@gcc.gnu.org wrote:

 > Synopsis: Broken gcc-cvs links
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: suspended->closed
 > State-Changed-By: neroden
 > State-Changed-When: Wed Nov 13 21:37:14 2002
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     It seems to be working now; tested several links and they're just fine.

 It is not working.  The link in the PR does not work, and such links are
 still being generated (for example,
 <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2002-11/msg00345.html> contains such a
 link).  (Note in that message, both the file addition and deletion links
 are broken, with different error messages; the brokenness of the addition
 link is this PR, that of the deletion link is web/2036.)

 --
 Joseph S. Myers
 jsm28@cam.ac.uk

* Re: web/638: Broken gcc-cvs links
@ 2002-11-20  7:19 neroden
From: neroden @ 2002-11-20  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, jsm28, overseers

@ 2001-08-10  0:25 gerald
From: gerald @ 2001-08-10  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, jsm28, nobody, overseers

Synopsis: Broken gcc-cvs links

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->overseers
Responsible-Changed-By: gerald
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Aug 10 00:25:44 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    This belongs to overseers.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=638&database=gcc