public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: other/8286: Missing xmmintrin.h functions
@ 2003-03-25  2:09 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2003-03-25  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, jh, nobody, rakdver

Synopsis: Missing xmmintrin.h functions

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 25 02:07:58 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Zdenek, at least some of the functions in the list have been
    added in the meantime. Can you try to update the list of
    missing symbols?

    Thanks
      Wolfgang

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=8286

* Re: other/8286: Missing xmmintrin.h functions
@ 2003-03-25 17:27 Jan Hubicka
From: Jan Hubicka @ 2003-03-25 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/8286; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz>
To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz>, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
	rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: other/8286: Missing xmmintrin.h functions
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:10:25 +0100

 > > > Synopsis: Missing xmmintrin.h functions
 > > >     Zdenek, at least some of the functions in the list have been
 > > >     added in the meantime. Can you try to update the list of
 > > >     missing symbols?
 > >
 > > All of the symbols except for _m_* legacy names are supported now.
 >
 > Will they be added sometime (i.e. we should leave the report open), or not
 > (i.e. the report should be closed)?
 I think the report should be closed.  It is not bug to not support
 obsoletted API.  If we decide on supporting them we don't need the
 bugreport anyway.

 Honza

@ 2003-03-25 16:46 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2003-03-25 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/8286; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, <rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>,
   <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:37:29 -0600 (CST)

@ 2003-03-25 12:59 Jan Hubicka
From: Jan Hubicka @ 2003-03-25 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/8286; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz>
To: bangerth@dealii.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
	jh@suse.cz, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz,
	gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:16:45 +0100

@ 2002-10-19  7:56 rakdver
From: rakdver @ 2002-10-19  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats; +Cc: jh

>Number:         8286
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       Missing xmmintrin.h functions
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sat Oct 19 07:56:01 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Zdenek Dvorak
>Release:        unknown-1.0
>Environment:

The following functions and macros are missing from xmmintrin.h as compared
to Intel C++ xmmintrin.h and emmintrin.h headers:

_MM_ALIGN16
_mm_add_si64
_mm_cmplt_epi16
_mm_cmplt_epi32