public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* RE: Re: libstdc++/10535
@ 2003-05-01 13:46 Technical Support
From: Technical Support @ 2003-05-01 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/10535; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Technical Support <support@isiuk.com>
To: "'gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org'" <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: RE: Re: libstdc++/10535
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 14:36:17 +0100

 Addendum to this morning's post:

 This is a known problem in MinGW (I've just found several complaints about
 the bug report). Apparently it will never work even if we define
 _GCPPLIB_USE_WCHAR_T and _GCPPLIB_HAVE_WCHAR_T in configc++.h and this is
 down to the MinGW contributors to fix. Therefore, as far as the lack of
 support in MinGW is concerned, it is not a GNU problem so this part can be
 closed. So far as Cygwin is concerned we might have a chance by defining
 these macros and perhaps by knocking out some of the C99-specific functions
 which configure apparently searches for. We also might have a chance by
 installing the latest gclib as a separate component and using that for
 configure. I will let you know.

 Best Regards,
 James Bannon

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-01 13:46 UTC | newest]