public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: target/7265: [ia64] HP-UX cross Linux compiler cannot build l ibgcc
@ 2003-05-07 19:56 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-07 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/7265; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@stanford.edu>
To: "NASET,JEFFREY (HP-Richardson,ex1)" <jeffrey.naset@hp.com>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: target/7265: [ia64] HP-UX cross Linux compiler cannot build l ibgcc
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:52:12 -0700

 Hi,

 Thank you for the response. I guess this bug can be closed, as the
 problem was due to a miscompiled compiler (miscompiled by 3.0). Hope
 3.3 works well!

 Dara

 >  When this problem kept occurring with gcc releases up to 3.3
 > snapshots in
 > April 2003, I started to work on it and found that the native gcc on
 > the
 > machine I was building the cross-compiler on was generating bad code!
 > (Inserting printf()'s in gcc to debug the problem made it go away)
 >
 >  It works on another machine just fine.
 >
 >  I don't know why the .i would have errors in it, though... but it's a
 > moot
 > point.  (The simplest code that the problem manifested on was "int
 > foo[2];"
 > and it was failing in c-decl.c in grokdeclarator() after constant
 > folding
 > gave a bad result when folding the expression for "2-1" -- but that
 > was just
 > because gcc was miscompiled by the native gcc)
 >
 >  Sorry for the bogus bug report.
 >
 >  I'm not going to file a bug report on the native gcc since it was old
 > (3.0.x) and there is no audit trail showing who built it and how.
 >
 > -- Jeff

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-07 19:56 UTC | newest]