* GCC 12.0.1 Status Report (2022-04-28)
@ 2022-04-28 14:59 Jakub Jelinek
From: Jakub Jelinek @ 2022-04-28 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Status
======

We have reached zero P1 regressions today and releases/gcc-12 branch has
been created.  GCC 12.1-rc1 will be built likely tomorrow.
The branch is now frozen for blocking regressions and documentation
fixes only, all changes to the branch require a RM approval now.

If no show stoppers appear, we'd like to release 12.1 late next week,
or soon after that, if any important issues are discovered and
fixed, rc2 could be released next week.

Quality Data
============

Priority          #   Change from last report
--------        ---   -----------------------
P1              0     -  23
P2              364   -  23
P3              76    -   8
P4              253   +   5
P5              26    +   1
--------        ---   -----------------------
Total P1-P3     440   -  54
Total		719   -  48

Previous Report
===============

https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2022-April/238491.html

* Re: GCC 12.0.1 Status Report (2022-04-28)
@ 2022-04-28 15:25 ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2022-04-28 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On 4/28/2022 8:59 AM, Jakub Jelinek via Gcc wrote:
> Status
> ======
>
> We have reached zero P1 regressions today and releases/gcc-12 branch has
> been created.  GCC 12.1-rc1 will be built likely tomorrow.
> The branch is now frozen for blocking regressions and documentation
> fixes only, all changes to the branch require a RM approval now.
>
> If no show stoppers appear, we'd like to release 12.1 late next week,
> or soon after that, if any important issues are discovered and
> fixed, rc2 could be released next week.
Do you want me to adjust the testsuite so that we handle the new linker
warnings for executable stacks better?  The situation now isn't ideal in
that we're showing spurious regressions if we use the development
binutils bits.

My pending change backs out my change to gcc.dg/lto/pr04157_0.c and
instead prunes the new warnings out in prune.exp.  I was waiting on
validation of a couple targets in my tester which completed yesterday.

Jeff

* Re: GCC 12.0.1 Status Report (2022-04-28)
@ 2022-04-28 15:29   ` Jakub Jelinek
From: Jakub Jelinek @ 2022-04-28 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Law; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 09:25:43AM -0600, Jeff Law via Gcc wrote:
> On 4/28/2022 8:59 AM, Jakub Jelinek via Gcc wrote:
> > Status
> > ======
> >
> > We have reached zero P1 regressions today and releases/gcc-12 branch has
> > been created.  GCC 12.1-rc1 will be built likely tomorrow.
> > The branch is now frozen for blocking regressions and documentation
> > fixes only, all changes to the branch require a RM approval now.
> >
> > If no show stoppers appear, we'd like to release 12.1 late next week,
> > or soon after that, if any important issues are discovered and
> > fixed, rc2 could be released next week.
> Do you want me to adjust the testsuite so that we handle the new linker
> warnings for executable stacks better?  The situation now isn't ideal in
> that we're showing spurious regressions if we use the development binutils
> bits.
>
> My pending change backs out my change to gcc.dg/lto/pr04157_0.c and instead
> prunes the new warnings out in prune.exp.  I was waiting on validation of a
> couple targets in my tester which completed yesterday.

Ok if committed today.  With the RC we are mainly waiting on PR105417 fix.

	Jakub

* Re: GCC 12.0.1 Status Report (2022-04-28)
@ 2022-04-28 15:30     ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2022-04-28 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub Jelinek; +Cc: gcc

On 4/28/2022 9:29 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 09:25:43AM -0600, Jeff Law via Gcc wrote:
>> On 4/28/2022 8:59 AM, Jakub Jelinek via Gcc wrote:
>>> Status
>>> ======
>>>
>>> We have reached zero P1 regressions today and releases/gcc-12 branch has
>>> been created.  GCC 12.1-rc1 will be built likely tomorrow.
>>> The branch is now frozen for blocking regressions and documentation
>>> fixes only, all changes to the branch require a RM approval now.
>>>
>>> If no show stoppers appear, we'd like to release 12.1 late next week,
>>> or soon after that, if any important issues are discovered and
>>> fixed, rc2 could be released next week.
>> Do you want me to adjust the testsuite so that we handle the new linker
>> warnings for executable stacks better?  The situation now isn't ideal in
>> that we're showing spurious regressions if we use the development binutils
>> bits.
>>
>> My pending change backs out my change to gcc.dg/lto/pr04157_0.c and instead
>> prunes the new warnings out in prune.exp.  I was waiting on validation of a
>> couple targets in my tester which completed yesterday.
> Ok if committed today.  With the RC we are mainly waiting on PR105417 fix.
I'll push it shortly.

jeff

* Re: GCC 12.0.1 Status Report (2022-04-28)
@ 2022-04-29 13:03 ` LIU Hao
From: LIU Hao @ 2022-04-29 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc