* update_life_info in schedule_insns
@ 2002-12-27 12:49 Zdenek Dvorak
From: Zdenek Dvorak @ 2002-12-27 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: wilson

Hello,

>  /* Don't update reg info after reload, since that affects
>     regs_ever_live, which should not change after reload.  */
>  update_life_info (blocks, UPDATE_LIFE_LOCAL,
>                    (reload_completed ? PROP_DEATH_NOTES
>                     : PROP_DEATH_NOTES | PROP_REG_INFO));
>  if (any_large_regions)
>    {
>      update_life_info (large_region_blocks, UPDATE_LIFE_GLOBAL,
>                        PROP_DEATH_NOTES | PROP_REG_INFO);
>    }

why the comment above does not apply for the second update_life_info
call?

Zdenek

* Re: update_life_info in schedule_insns
@ 2002-12-27 14:14 ` Jan Hubicka
From: Jan Hubicka @ 2002-12-27 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zdenek Dvorak; +Cc: gcc, wilson

> Hello,
>
> >  /* Don't update reg info after reload, since that affects
> >     regs_ever_live, which should not change after reload.  */
> >  update_life_info (blocks, UPDATE_LIFE_LOCAL,
> >                    (reload_completed ? PROP_DEATH_NOTES
> >                     : PROP_DEATH_NOTES | PROP_REG_INFO));
> >  if (any_large_regions)
> >    {
> >      update_life_info (large_region_blocks, UPDATE_LIFE_GLOBAL,
> >                        PROP_DEATH_NOTES | PROP_REG_INFO);
> >    }
>
> why the comment above does not apply for the second update_life_info
> call?
Large regions are used only before reload.  Post reload we always do
local scheduling at the moment.
It would probably make more sense to add tests into update_life_info and
do not touch regs_ever_live when we are not supposed to do so.

Honza