* [GSOC] code contribution + documentation
@ 2011-08-18 13:36 Pierre Vittet
From: Pierre Vittet @ 2011-08-18 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

As GSOC is approching it's end, I would like to get precision of how
project's result should be made available. I open a quite general topic
however I guess it heavily depends of each project.

In particular, if I made some contributions to GCC and MELT, the main
part of my project is a plugin. For now it is hosted on a gitorious
repository (https://gitorious.org/talpo). As it uses MELT, it will be
integrated into MELT branch, as an example tools (I am going to see this
with Basile Starynkevitch next week). However I would like to know if it
makes sense to have documentation and/or link to Talpo available on the
GCC wiki?

I guess there should be a link at least in the page referencing existing
plugins, I will add it.

At the beginning of the GSOC, I created a wiki page about the project as
I wanted visibility: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CustomizableWarningPlugin.
It is rather outdated now, I should use it as a complete documentation
or delete it. What make sense ? I know plugins are often considered
external, on the others side this could carries useful information about
what a plugin can do, how I used GIMPLE representation... (it might be
useful to GCC newcomers and people interested by the plugin).

Thanks!

Pierre Vittet

PS: I you want to know more about my plugin:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2011-08/msg00251.html
https://gitorious.org/talpo/talpo/blobs/master/README

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-08-18 13:36 UTC | newest]