* [gimple-ssa] result_decl and ssa_name
@ 2024-04-05 11:58 Pierrick Philippe
From: Pierrick Philippe @ 2024-04-05 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi all,

I do have a question regarding ssa_name and result_decl.

For example on the following gimple function:

int f ()
{
  int x;
  int D.2747;
  int _2;

  <bb 2> :
  x_1 = 42;
  _2 = x_1;

  <bb 3> :
<L0>:
  return _2;

}

On the above example, using the macro SSA_NAME_VAR() on _2 does not
yield anything usable.
Neither to call ssa_default_def() on the result of the result_decl
obtain through macro DECL_RESULT().

Is there a way to get the ssa_name corresponding to the result_decl of a
function obtained through the use of macro DECL_RESULT() on a fn_decl?
And/or the other way around? I.e., from the returned ssa_name of a
function to the result_decl of that function?

I totally might be missing something here, but I cannot figure out what.

Thanks for your time,

Pierrick