* "GSoC"
@ 2024-03-29 12:58 M Hamza Nadeem
From: M Hamza Nadeem @ 2024-03-29 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Martin,

I wanted to write GSoC proposal on Improve nothrow Detection in GCC, . What
are the main points to be added in proposal ?

* Re: "GSoC"
       [not found]       ` <ri6msqfpd03.fsf@virgil.suse.cz>
@ 2024-03-30 22:48         ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2024-03-30 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I actually forgot to CC the mailing list as I promised to, so
re-sending.

Sorry,

Martin

* Re: "GSoC"
@ 2024-03-25 16:54   ` M Hamza Nadeem
       [not found]     ` <CACPNr=nx8Ay7bVQA9fwoSedQS_H92WpoJQWj2jgb-y3uyOQBUw@mail.gmail.com>
From: M Hamza Nadeem @ 2024-03-25 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, I'll check them out.

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024, 9:50 pm Martin Jambor, <mjambor@suse.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Mar 24 2024, M Hamza Nadeem via Gcc wrote:
> > Hi Sir / mam,
> >

> > I hope this email finds you well. As an enthusiastic contributor with a
> > strong grasp of C/C++ and familiarity with Rust, I am eager to explore
> > potential projects for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2024 within the GNU
> > Compiler Collection (GCC) ecosystem.
>
> we are delighted you found the prospect of contributing to GCC interesting.
>

> > With my background in these languages and my passion for advancing
> compiler
> > technology, I believe I could make significant contributions to various
> GCC
> > projects.
> >
> > I would greatly appreciate any guidance on how to proceed further with
> > project selection or any additional insights into the GCC projects
> relevant
> > to my skill set.
>
> Please look again at the "Before you apply" section of our GSoC page at
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#Before_you_apply and make sure you
> are
> able to build, install and test GCC.  I strongly suggest that you also try
> generating dumps of the IR of a simple compiled program and stepping
> through
> some function during compilation in a debugger.
>
> Afterwards, look at the suggested projects, try to identify the portion of
> GCC
> source where it needs to be implemented and think about how.  Then email us
> back to this mailing list describing your current plan together with any
> technical questions you'd like to have answered to proceed further.  We'll
> be
> happy to help.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Martin

* Re: "GSoC"
@ 2024-03-25 16:50 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2024-03-25 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2024-03-24  8:24 M Hamza Nadeem
From: M Hamza Nadeem @ 2024-03-24  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi Sir / mam,

I hope this email finds you well. As an enthusiastic contributor with a
strong grasp of C/C++ and familiarity with Rust, I am eager to explore
potential projects for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2024 within the GNU
Compiler Collection (GCC) ecosystem.

With my background in these languages and my passion for advancing compiler
technology, I believe I could make significant contributions to various GCC
projects.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance on how to proceed further with
project selection or any additional insights into the GCC projects relevant
to my skill set.

Thank you for considering my interest, and I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,
M Hamza Nadeem

* Re: [GSoC]
@ 2019-04-03 15:57 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2019-04-03 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avinash Tiwary, gcc

Hi Avinash,

On Thu, Mar 28 2019, Avinash Tiwary wrote:
> Hi,
> I am Avinash Tiwary, fourth year engineering graduate from BIT Mesra. I
> will like to contribute on "Add new math.h and complex.h functions as
> built-ins". Please guide me.

we are delighted you found contributing to GCC interesting.  Please look
again at the "Before you apply" section of our GSoC wiki page at
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#Before_you_apply and make sure you
are able to build, install and test GCC and then have it generate dumps
and step through some function during compilation.

Afterwards, if you still find contributing to GCC appealing, look at
a suggested idea, try to identify the portion of GCC source which is
involved and email us back to the mailing list, describing which idea
you liked best and what your thoughts about it are.

Good luck,

Martin

* [GSoC]
@ 2019-03-28 10:09 Avinash Tiwary