* gcc-bug in gcc-11
@ 2022-10-04 16:16 Shivam Rajput
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Shivam Rajput @ 2022-10-04 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hey, I was trying to build clang's libcxx on my ubuntu 22.04 and it has
gcc-11.2 by default most prolly, but while building libcxx there was an
error about using the deleted function but it seems that overloaded
resolution in gcc-11 has a bug https://godbolt.org/z/GPTPYaobb , it
consider wrong overloaded function , although i build libcxx using gcc-12 .

Thanks and regards
Shivam

* Re: gcc-bug in gcc-11
@ 2022-10-04 16:27 ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2022-10-04 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shivam Rajput; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 9:18 AM Shivam Rajput via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hey, I was trying to build clang's libcxx on my ubuntu 22.04 and it has
> gcc-11.2 by default most prolly, but while building libcxx there was an
> error about using the deleted function but it seems that overloaded
> resolution in gcc-11 has a bug https://godbolt.org/z/GPTPYaobb , it
> consider wrong overloaded function , although i build libcxx using gcc-12 .

Looks like it has always been a bug in GCC (tried GCC 4.4.7 and up)
and was only fixed in GCC 12.1.0.
I have not looked into which patch fixed this though but you could do
a "git bisect" to find the patch or ask a few people who have
pre-built binaries to find the patch which fixed it.
I doubt we are going to backport the fix to a GCC 11 release either
since it is NOT a regression from an earlier version.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

> Thanks and regards
> Shivam

* Re: gcc-bug in gcc-11
@ 2022-10-04 16:27 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2022-10-04 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shivam Rajput; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 at 17:17, Shivam Rajput via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hey, I was trying to build clang's libcxx on my ubuntu 22.04 and it has
> gcc-11.2 by default most prolly, but while building libcxx there was an
> error about using the deleted function but it seems that overloaded
> resolution in gcc-11 has a bug https://godbolt.org/z/GPTPYaobb , it
> consider wrong overloaded function , although i build libcxx using gcc-12 .

Bug reports belong in Bugzilla please, not on this mailing list.

https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/

* Re: gcc-bug in gcc-11
@ 2022-10-04 16:27 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2022-10-04 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)