* Loop dependence analysis!!
@ 2002-10-16  2:40 Ritu Sabharwal
From: Ritu Sabharwal @ 2002-10-16  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

   We are using gcc-3.0 for modulo scheduling, the loop dependence
analysis is done in dependene.c file. This file is not used anywhere in
the source code but we need to use it to find the distance and direction
vectors for finding dependencies for finding II(initiation interval).
   We have used the functions from this file but this is not working
properly, giving segmentation fault. Is something missing in that file?

regards,
Ritu.

* Re: Loop dependence analysis!!
@ 2002-10-16  2:55 ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2002-10-16  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ritu Sabharwal; +Cc: gcc, scox

Ritu Sabharwal <ritu@csa.iisc.ernet.in> writes:

>    We are using gcc-3.0 for modulo scheduling, the loop dependence
> analysis is done in dependene.c file. This file is not used anywhere in
> the source code but we need to use it to find the distance and direction
> vectors for finding dependencies for finding II(initiation interval).
>    We have used the functions from this file but this is not working
> properly, giving segmentation fault. Is something missing in that file?

It seems that this file is nowhere used in any GCC version.  Since
it's not used anywhere, I'm not surprised that you get problems using
it.

It was added with this ChangeLog and afterwards nothing happened:
2000-08-22  Stan Cox  <scox@redhat.com>

        * Makefile.in (OBJS): Add dependence.o.
        * dependence.c: New file.

Looking at the gcc-patches archive, the patch contains a follow-on
patch that was never committed:

Stan, what's going on here?  Should we remove dependence.c completly?
Or will the rest get added at some point?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de

* Re: Loop dependence analysis!!
@ 2002-10-17 14:55   ` Ritu Sabharwal
From: Ritu Sabharwal @ 2002-10-17 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Jaeger; +Cc: gcc, scox

  We have made the changes as given by you in the link but it gives
seg. fault.Is there a way through which we can get the gcc source code
after these modifications in which loop dependency analysis is enabled or
there is any other way through whcih we can fine the direction and
distance vectors for constructiing data dependence graph.

regards,
Ritu.

@ 2002-10-16 13:58       ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2002-10-16 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pop Sébastian; +Cc: Andreas Jaeger, scox, ritu, gcc

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Pop Sébastian wrote:

> Is it possible to keep dependence.c in tree-ssa and free some bits from
> the mainline?

Sure.  I don't see why not.

Diego.

* Re: Loop dependence analysis!!