* RE: Project Selection Process and Timeline for GSoC 2024
@ 2024-04-05 19:23 Vedant5432
From: Vedant5432 @ 2024-04-05 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,
I am a potential contributor for GSoC 2024, I made a submission for the
project Extend the Static Analysis Pass, I was wondering about the process
of ranking the proposals and the general timelines when the applicants will
be notified if their proposals will be considered potentially? Would using
Zulip be the best form of communication for faster responses compared to
email?
Thanking you for the clarification,
Vedant

* RE: Project Selection Process and Timeline for GSoC 2024
@ 2024-04-12 11:28 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2024-04-12 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vedant5432, gcc

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 05 2024, Vedant5432 via Gcc wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a potential contributor for GSoC 2024, I made a submission for the
> project Extend the Static Analysis Pass, I was wondering about the process
> of ranking the proposals and the general timelines when the applicants will
> be notified if their proposals will be considered potentially?

We are diligently evaluating all GSoC proposals including and will
finish doing so by the deadline set by Google.

Google reserves the right to announce the acceptance themselves - and
they have they final say when they determine the number of slots an
organization receives - therefore we cannot publicly disclose much
details about the evaluation process, I am afraid.

> Would using
> Zulip be the best form of communication for faster responses compared to
> email?

Only for gcc-rust related issues/topics/discussions.

Sorry that we cannot disclose much at this point.

Martin