public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Rob Savoye <rob@welcomehome.org>
To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
Cc: dejagnu@gnu.org, gdb@sources.redhat.com,
	binutils@sources.redhat.com, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix "proc find" in dejagnu
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 15:54:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 11:57:10PM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:

> BTW, is anyone working on dejagnu? I have found and fixed 3 bugs
> in less than 2 weeks since I was forced to use dejagnu 1.4.3. I didn't
> get any reponses nor any indications those bugs would be fixed any

  Yes, somebody is still working on it, classically as a "side gig" to
my income generating work... I've encorporated all your patches into my
local source tree, and as they were mostly obvious, I didn't feel a need
for discussion. I still have to test them. Personally, if you don't like
DejaGnu don't use it... or implement something better. Dissing DejaGnu
isn't really a good way to get me to respond. DejaGnu is over 12 years
old, and could use some work to make it more up to date. Maybe someday
I'll have that much (free) time, but till then, about all I can do is
keep patching it so it's at least useful to the GNU development tools,
since not too many other projects bother to do any real testing. As
almost nobody else has ever stepped forward to help with maintaining
DejaGnu, it's pretty much a solo effort. I unfortunately find my new
GNU project (http://www.senecass.com/abelmon/) way more stimulating than
hacking on regression testing frameworks full-time for another 12 years.

	- rob -