public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* doublest.[ch] forever?
@ 2005-08-22 19:06 Dwayne Grant McConnell
From: Dwayne Grant McConnell @ 2005-08-22 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I noticed a comment in doublest.c

/* XXX - This code should really be in libiberty/floatformat.c,
   however configuration issues with libiberty made this very
   difficult to do in the available time.  */

Does this imply this code might someday be moved to libiberty or was that
wishful thinking? Looks like doublest.[ch] has been around a while. Has
someone already tried to move the code to libiberty?

--
Dwayne Grant McConnell <dgm69@us.ibm.com>
Lotus Notes: Dwayne McConnell/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

* Re: doublest.[ch] forever?
@ 2005-08-22 19:49 ` Mark Kettenis
From: Mark Kettenis @ 2005-08-22 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dgm69; +Cc: gdb

> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:04:55 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
> From: Dwayne Grant McConnell <dgm69@us.ibm.com>
>
> I noticed a comment in doublest.c
>
> /* XXX - This code should really be in libiberty/floatformat.c,
>    however configuration issues with libiberty made this very
>    difficult to do in the available time.  */
>
> Does this imply this code might someday be moved to libiberty or was that
> wishful thinking? Looks like doublest.[ch] has been around a while. Has
> someone already tried to move the code to libiberty?

Actually I'm thinking about doing the opposite; moving this code out
of libiberty and back into gdb.  Outside gdb, it's only used in
opcodes/m68k-dis.c.

Mark