public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* offlist - QNX Assignment Paperwork
@ 2021-08-04 17:33 Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2021-08-04 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii via Gdb, Simon Marchi

Hi

I didn't want to post this online but QNX has changed corporate hands
at least twice over the past couple of decades. Is the assignment
paperwork still binding?

Wikipedia shows 2004 and 2010 changes in ownership.along with some
corporate name changes.

I honestly have no idea how any of that impacts the assignment
paperwork but wanted to ask if this is something the FSF should
comment on.

Thanks.

--joel
RTEMS

* Re: offlist - QNX Assignment Paperwork
@ 2021-08-04 17:56 ` Simon Marchi
From: Simon Marchi @ 2021-08-04 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Sherrill, Eli Zaretskii via Gdb

On 2021-08-04 1:33 p.m., Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> I didn't want to post this online but QNX has changed corporate hands
> at least twice over the past couple of decades. Is the assignment
> paperwork still binding?
>
> Wikipedia shows 2004 and 2010 changes in ownership.along with some
> corporate name changes.
>
> I honestly have no idea how any of that impacts the assignment
> paperwork but wanted to ask if this is something the FSF should
> comment on.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --joel
> RTEMS

No idea, I'm not involved with copyright assignment processes at all
(other than looking up the file).  Hopefully Stephen will contact the
FSF to clarify that.

Simon

* Re: offlist - QNX Assignment Paperwork
@ 2021-08-04 18:06   ` Simon Marchi
From: Simon Marchi @ 2021-08-04 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Sherrill, Eli Zaretskii via Gdb

On 2021-08-04 1:56 p.m., Simon Marchi via Gdb wrote:
> On 2021-08-04 1:33 p.m., Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I didn't want to post this online but QNX has changed corporate hands
>> at least twice over the past couple of decades. Is the assignment
>> paperwork still binding?
>>
>> Wikipedia shows 2004 and 2010 changes in ownership.along with some
>> corporate name changes.
>>
>> I honestly have no idea how any of that impacts the assignment
>> paperwork but wanted to ask if this is something the FSF should
>> comment on.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --joel
>> RTEMS
>>

> No idea, I'm not involved with copyright assignment processes at all
> (other than looking up the file).  Hopefully Stephen will contact the
> FSF to clarify that.
>
> Simon

And note that this was onlist, despite your suggest.  At least you
didn't say anything incriminating ;).

Simon

* Re: offlist - QNX Assignment Paperwork
@ 2021-08-04 18:18     ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2021-08-04 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Marchi; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii via Gdb

Oh well. Not the worst thing I've ever done. :)

Since it was mentioned that the assignment paperwork was old, I just wanted
to make sure it still was valid given the corporate changes. I was NOT
questioning anyone's intent about submitting.

Again sorry.

--joel

@ 2021-08-04 18:27 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-08-04 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)