public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Updating libbacktrace
@ 2024-03-08 17:28 Sam James
From: Sam James @ 2024-03-08 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi all,

Could one of the GDB global maintainers possibly update libbacktrace
from the copy in gcc.git?

I'm also happy to do it if delegated to. Whatever works for me.

I originally asked at https://sourceware.org/PR31327 (as it fixes some
test failures) where Ian ACKed it, but wasn't sure of the policy on
it. Nick, the binutils maintainer, deferred to GDB as GDB is the primary
consumer of libbacktrace.

Nick also suggested we clarify its status in MAINTAINERS.

thanks,
sam

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Updating libbacktrace
@ 2024-03-11 15:30 ` Simon Marchi
From: Simon Marchi @ 2024-03-11 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam James, gdb

On 3/8/24 12:28, Sam James via Gdb wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could one of the GDB global maintainers possibly update libbacktrace
> from the copy in gcc.git?
>
> I'm also happy to do it if delegated to. Whatever works for me.
>
> I originally asked at https://sourceware.org/PR31327 (as it fixes some
> test failures) where Ian ACKed it, but wasn't sure of the policy on
> it. Nick, the binutils maintainer, deferred to GDB as GDB is the primary
> consumer of libbacktrace.
>
> Nick also suggested we clarify its status in MAINTAINERS.
>
> thanks,
> sam

Hi Sam,

The easiest would be if you sent a patch to gdb-patches (and maybe CC
binutils) for it.

Thanks,

Simon

* Re: Updating libbacktrace
@ 2024-03-11 17:03   ` Sam James
From: Sam James @ 2024-03-11 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Marchi; +Cc: gdb

Simon Marchi <simark@simark.ca> writes:

> On 3/8/24 12:28, Sam James via Gdb wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Could one of the GDB global maintainers possibly update libbacktrace
>> from the copy in gcc.git?
>>
>> I'm also happy to do it if delegated to. Whatever works for me.
>>
>> I originally asked at https://sourceware.org/PR31327 (as it fixes some
>> test failures) where Ian ACKed it, but wasn't sure of the policy on
>> it. Nick, the binutils maintainer, deferred to GDB as GDB is the primary
>> consumer of libbacktrace.
>>
>> Nick also suggested we clarify its status in MAINTAINERS.
>>
>> thanks,
>> sam
>
> Hi Sam,

Hi Simon,

> The easiest would be if you sent a patch to gdb-patches (and maybe CC
> binutils) for it.

Will do. Sorry, I should've just done that, probably.

> Thanks,
>
> Simon

thanks,
sam