public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* MI and the prompt
@ 2021-01-20  3:31 Bob Rossi
From: Bob Rossi @ 2021-01-20  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb; +Cc: Pedro Alves

Hi,

I long time ago I asked the GDB mailing list how to determine if GDB is ready
for another command when using MI. Pedro Alves wrote:

    GDB is ready for input when it prints the MI prompt.  There's one
    prompt that is already printed after ^running that you should ignore.
    That's an historical wart.

I recently started to update cgdb to drop annotations and use the new-ui
command line option. I noticed that i'm no longer seeing that historical
wart.

Has this been "fixed" in gdb? If so, is there a way to determine which
versions of gdb have the historical wart, and which ones do not?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi

* Re: MI and the prompt
@ 2021-01-29  2:40 ` Robert Rossi
From: Robert Rossi @ 2021-01-29  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GDB Development; +Cc: Pedro Alves

For the record, my testing shows that this issue does not occur when
using the 'new-ui mi' command line flag.