public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* getting the Dwarf 2 inter-CU reference patches reviewed
@ 2004-09-16 19:22 Jim Blandy
From: Jim Blandy @ 2004-09-16 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gdb

It would be nice if GDB 6.3 included your inter-compilation-unit
reference support.

Perhaps we could reverse the review process a bit.  I could work on
your branch, and submit patches to you for review.  Then, when I've
gotten it looking the way I'd like to see it on the trunk, we can move
it in.

Does that seem reasonable?

* Re: getting the Dwarf 2 inter-CU reference patches reviewed
@ 2004-09-16 19:25 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2004-09-16 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Blandy; +Cc: gdb

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 02:21:34PM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:

> It would be nice if GDB 6.3 included your inter-compilation-unit
> reference support.
>
> Perhaps we could reverse the review process a bit.  I could work on
> your branch, and submit patches to you for review.  Then, when I've
> gotten it looking the way I'd like to see it on the trunk, we can move
> it in.
>
> Does that seem reasonable?

It's really my fault that this didn't happen.  I dropped the ball.  If
you'd like to do it that way, we can - but you might want to wait a
bit; I finished merging HEAD to the branch this morning and I'm testing
an updated partial symbols patch right this moment.

I need to stop promising to have things done by specific dates.  I
think I promised Andrew this would be done two days ago.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: getting the Dwarf 2 inter-CU reference patches reviewed
@ 2004-09-16 20:23   ` Jim Blandy
From: Jim Blandy @ 2004-09-16 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gdb

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 02:21:34PM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:
> >
> > It would be nice if GDB 6.3 included your inter-compilation-unit
> > reference support.
> >
> > Perhaps we could reverse the review process a bit.  I could work on
> > your branch, and submit patches to you for review.  Then, when I've
> > gotten it looking the way I'd like to see it on the trunk, we can move
> > it in.
> >
> > Does that seem reasonable?
>
> It's really my fault that this didn't happen.  I dropped the ball.  If
> you'd like to do it that way, we can - but you might want to wait a
> bit; I finished merging HEAD to the branch this morning and I'm testing
> an updated partial symbols patch right this moment.

Whatever gets it in.  If I can help as much by being (ahem) prompt in
reviewing, then that's fine by me.