* RE: Not able to login in Gnats4.0
@ 2003-02-10 12:49 Chandra Ramesh
From: Chandra Ramesh @ 2003-02-10 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: GNATS HELP

Dear Yngve Svendsen,

	I following this link for downloading the web server:

		http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnatsweb/

	But I am still seeing gnatsweb-2.9.3.tar.gz. I am not seeing the
	the 4.0 version. Am I going to the proper loacation?

Thanks and Regards,
Ramesh Chandra

From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-02-10 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chandra Ramesh; +Cc: GNATS HELP

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 13:45, Chandra Ramesh wrote:
> Dear Yngve Svendsen,
>
>         I following this link for downloading the web server:
>
>                 http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnatsweb/
>
>         But I am still seeing gnatsweb-2.9.3.tar.gz. I am not seeing
> the
>         the 4.0 version. Am I going to the proper loacation?

No, I am referring to the contrib subdirectory of the directory tree you
get when you unpack the actual GNATS 4.0 source tar.gz file. Thus, by
downloading GNATS 4.0, you have also already downloaded Gnatsweb 4.

- Yngve

* RE: Not able to login in Gnats4.0
@ 2003-02-11  9:11 Chandra Ramesh
From: Chandra Ramesh @ 2003-02-11  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: GNATS HELP

Dear Yngve Svendsen,

	Thank you for the information. I installed the web scripts that were
	in the "contrib" directory and Gnats is coming up. I am also able to

	file the PRs and it is going into the database of the corresponding
	category. But there is one problem I am facing:

		WHen I do a "edit" or a "query" on a filed PR using web
access, the page is
		shown blank. i.e., none of the entries are filled up from
the database.
		What could be the problem?

		However, when I do a "query-pr" from the command prompt, it
shows the
		details of the PR.

		The program edit-pr on the command prompt sent me a error
mail as follows:

		Can't open file `¨ß\x12B¨ß\x12Bnats/com/pqagnats/
		104461176810446151821044617285Quality/6'

		From the mail contents, the directory name seems to be
corrupted.
		the path should have been /home1/gnats/com/pqagnats.

	So, please let me know how this can be solved using the web access.
	We are using Gnats4.0 with the corresponding web related files from
the "contrib"
	directory as you had mentioned.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramesh Chandra

@ 2003-02-10 13:33 Chandra Ramesh
From: Chandra Ramesh @ 2003-02-10 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: GNATS HELP

Dear Yngve Svendsen,

	Thank you very much for the information. Yes, I found the files.
	I will use this to bring up Gnats.

Regards,
Ramesh Chandra

@ 2003-02-10 12:30 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-02-10 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chandra Ramesh; +Cc: GNATS HELP

@ 2003-02-10 12:24 Chandra Ramesh
From: Chandra Ramesh @ 2003-02-10 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: GNATS HELP

Dear Yngve Svendsen,

    Thank you very much for this important information.
    From where can I download the web server program (Gnats4.0 beta 4)?
    From the Gnats site, I was able to see only 2.9.3.
	So, please let me know the site from which I can download the
compatible
	version (Gnats4.0 beta 4).

Thanks once again.

Regards,
Ramesh Chandra

From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-02-10 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chandra Ramesh; +Cc: GNATS HELP

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 12:43, Chandra Ramesh wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>         We are having GNATS 4.0 running on Red Hat LINUX 7.3.
>         We are using the web server program (gnatsweb.pl 2.9.3).
>
>         From a client, when we give the URL to access the gnats, the
> Login screen comes asking for the
>         username, password and the database. The problem is:
>
>         1) The database is a drop down box. But there is nothing in
> the drop down menu.
>
>         2) when I give a user name and password, it gives the message
> that it is redirecting...and comes back to the
>              login screen.
>
>         What mistake have I done? I just get the login screen without
> the database name. Please let me know
>         how to correct this problem.

Please note that you cannot use Gnatsweb 2.9.3 with GNATS 4.0. You need
to use the Gnatsweb version shipped with GNATS 4.0 (currently Gnatsweb
4.0 beta 4)

Yngve Svendsen
Gntasweb maintainer

* Not able to login in Gnats4.0