* accesslevel 'submit'
@ 2003-04-14 11:43 Christian Guse
From: Christian Guse @ 2003-04-14 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hi,
for the configuration of our GNATS-support site I need an accesslevel that
allows users to submit/create PR's without any further access e.g. view.
Looking in the gnatsweb.pl I found an existing accesslevel submit, which is
also in gnatsd.h, but not listed in the documentation or in any
configuration file. I than just tried to give someone accesslevel 'submit',
but got the message "You do not have access to database: default.
Please log in to another database". when trying to login to gnatsweb. (In
the titel Access:submit is displayed) I hope anybody of you can help me.
Thanks a lot
Bye
Christian Guse
ESE GmbH

* RE: accesslevel 'submit'
@ 2003-04-15 23:08 ` Pankaj K Garg
From: Pankaj K Garg @ 2003-04-15 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Christian Guse', help-gnats

It seems that you've hit a limitation of gnatsweb.

Browsing through the code, I came across the following
on lines 3334-3341:

   	# check access level.  if < view, make them log in again.
      # it might be better to allow "create-only" access for users
      # with 'submit' access.
  	if ($LEVEL_TO_CODE{$access_level} < $LEVEL_TO_CODE{'view'}) {
  	    login_page(undef, "You do not have access to database:
  	    undef($suppress_client_exit);
  	    client_exit();
  	}

 As you can see from the comments, it seems gnatsweb currently cannot
handle any access level less than 'view'. If this is really important
to you, I can schedule some time to work on this.

Pankaj

* Porting bugs from v3 to v4
@ 2003-04-17  2:19   ` Howard Hao Nguyen
From: Howard Hao Nguyen @ 2003-04-17  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hi,

Anyone know how to port all the bugs from gnats v3  to gnats v4 without
manually re-enter all the bug.

Thanks.

* Re: Porting bugs from v3 to v4
@ 2003-04-17 10:36     ` Lars Henriksen
From: Lars Henriksen @ 2003-04-17 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Howard Hao Nguyen; +Cc: help-gnats

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 07:18:48PM -0700, Howard Hao Nguyen wrote:
> Anyone know how to port all the bugs from gnats v3  to gnats v4 without
> manually re-enter all the bug.

There's no need to. The changes are in the configuration parts, not in
the PRs themselves. RTFM, section 3.8.

Lars Henriksen