* ChangeLog Entries
@ 2004-06-15  3:16 Chad C. Walstrom
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2004-06-15  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

We haven't talked much about how we want to manage the CVS repository or
log entries.  I've realized that the ChangeLog's have been maintained
manually and that applications such as cvs2cl can not be used in the
manner that matches GNU Coding Standards. [1]_  As such, we will have to
require that any changes made to source files and documentation MUST be
accompanied by a ChangeLog entry in the respective subdirectory.

.. [1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_40.html#SEC40

That being said, we don't need to require ChangeLog entries from patch
submitters, but we do need to create the entry manually.  It's possible
to create templates for cvs log entries, but I'm not sure how much that
will help us out.  Perhaps we should note this in the documentation for
GNATS developers.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/