* How to : Send a confirmation email
@ 2004-03-19 20:03 Alexandre De Barros
From: Alexandre De Barros @ 2004-03-19 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

* Re: How to : Send a confirmation email
@ 2004-03-19 20:12 ` Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2004-03-19 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 04:55:42PM +0100, Alexandre De Barros wrote:
> We are using the gnats v 3.113.
>I would like to know how to automatically send the "confirmation email"
>(and only this confirmation email

We actually altered who receives the initial-response-to-submitter.
Originally, the initial response goes to gnats-admin from the sender.
We flipped that around.

#
# This message is used when mailing an initial response back to the
# PR submitter.
#

mail-format "initial-response-to-submitter" {
    from-address {
        fixed-address "gnats-admin"
    }

    # For addresses that are joined with |, we try each one in turn,
    # from
    # left to right,  until we find one that's non-empty.
    # Multiple addresses may be listed here.
    to-addresses {
        "Reply-To:" | "From:" | "From" | "Submitter-Id"
    }

    header {
        format "Subject: Re: %s/%s: %s\n"

        fields { "Category" "Number" "Subject:" }
    }

    body {
format "Thank you very much for your problem report (PR).  It has the\n\
following internal identification: `%s/%s'.\n\
\n\
You may use this identification in the `Subject:' field of subsequent emails\n\
to help@cbs.umn.edu to add information regarding the PR.  The category of \n\
your PR currently `pending' because it was received via email.  This will \n\
change when your PR is assigned to a consultant.\n\ \n\
%F%F%F%F\n\
"
        fields { "Category" "Number"
                 "Category" "Responsible" "Synopsis" "Arrival-Date" }

Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/

* Re: How to : Send a confirmation email
@ 2004-03-19 20:45   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2004-03-19 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Chad Walstrom wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 04:55:42PM +0100, Alexandre De Barros wrote:
>

>>We are using the gnats v 3.113.
>>I would like to know how to automatically send the "confirmation email"
>>(and only this confirmation email
>>

>We actually altered who receives the initial-response-to-submitter.
>Originally, the initial response goes to gnats-admin from the sender.
>We flipped that around.

Note that this is for GNATS 4, GNATS 3 is not anywhere near as
configurable. It's been a long while since I struggled with version 3,
but I believe that you cannot do this unless you modify GNATS itself.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer