* Help on gnats web interface
@ 2002-12-19 11:24 Chandra Ramesh
From: Chandra Ramesh @ 2002-12-19 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNATS HELP

Hello,

	 I have a RED HAT LINUX 7.3. I downloaded the gnats from the site.
	Gnats version downloaded is:gnats-3.999.2.tar.
	I extracted this and installed it on the machine running red hat
linux 7.3.
	Then I downloaded the webinterface of Gnats: gnatsweb-2.9.3.tar.
This too I extracted
	and then configured the apache web server. But if I try to run the
web interface from a client
	machine (WINDOWS 2000), I am getting the following error:

(Due to the fact that your browser does not support Javascript, there is no
way of telling whether it can accept cookies.) Unfortunately, Gnatsweb
requires cookies to keep track of your login and other information. Please
enable cookies before logging in.
host localhost, port 1529
connect: Connection refused
-------

	Where have I gone wrong and how do I correct it? Please let me know.
	I am able to run the test page of Apache web server on my client
machine (WINDOWS 2000).
	But if I give gnatsweb.pl, it is giving the above error.

	I had an earlier version of gnats which had "wwwgnats.pl". Is this
changed in the present version (2.9.3)?

Thanks and Regards,
Ramesh Chandra

* Re: Help on gnats web interface
       [not found] <892CE977BB4FD31194EE00A0C9F27339095A4801@blrk001a.sisl.co. in>
@ 2002-12-23 13:17 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2002-12-23 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chandra Ramesh, GNATS HELP

At 14:24 19.12.2002 +0530, Chandra Ramesh wrote:

>Hello,
>
>          I have a RED HAT LINUX 7.3. I downloaded the gnats from the site.
>         Gnats version downloaded is:gnats-3.999.2.tar.
>         I extracted this and installed it on the machine running red hat
> linux 7.3.
>         Then I downloaded the webinterface of Gnats: gnatsweb-2.9.3.tar.
> This too I extracted
>         and then configured the apache web server. But if I try to run
> the web interface from a client
>         machine (WINDOWS 2000), I am getting the following error:

Note that Gnatsweb 2.9.3 does not work with GNATS 3.99.x / 4.0. You need to
use the Gnatsweb version located in the contrib directory of the Gnats
3.999.2 distribution.

Anyway, it does look like the GNATS network daemon isn't starting properly,
so something seems to be wrong with the GNATS installation itself. You may
need to check that your inetd.conf settings are correct and that you have
restarted inetd after editing the config file. Also have a look at the
TROUBLESHOOTING document of the Gnatsweb distribution.

Try as many things as you can yourself. If you get stuck, submit a summary
of your findings to the mailing list, and you're likely to get help.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer