* Abramowitz and Stegun (1964) online
@ 2002-10-09  4:04 Serge Winitzki
From: Serge Winitzki @ 2002-10-09  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hi,

Thanks for a great library! I use it in my research.

In the TODO file, I noticed a wish to distribute Abramowitz and Stegun
with GSL. It seems that the old edition Abramowitz and Stegun is now
available online (http://members.fortunecity.com/aadns/) as page images,
total about 50 MB.  (Just to let you know.)

Regards,

--
	Serge

* Re: Abramowitz and Stegun (1964) online
@ 2002-10-09 12:04 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-10-09 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serge Winitzki; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Serge Winitzki writes:
 > Hi,
 >  Thanks for a great library! I use it in my research.

Thanks.  If you'd like to cite GSL in any papers a suitable reference
is:

  GNU Scientific Library Reference Manual, M. Galassi et al,
  ISBN 095416170X

 >  In the TODO file, I noticed a wish to distribute Abramowitz and
 > Stegun with GSL. It seems that the old edition Abramowitz and
 > Stegun is now available online
 > (http://members.fortunecity.com/aadns/) as page images, total about
 > 50 MB.  (Just to let you know.)

Wow that's good news. I didn't know about it, thanks for posting the
information.

(corrected url for the list: http://members.fortunecity.com/aands/)

Do you have any idea how to contact the person behind it?  I could not
find any information on the site itself.

Brian

* Re: gsl_sf_coupling_3j
@ 2002-10-15  6:55   ` Serge Winitzki
From: Serge Winitzki @ 2002-10-15  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gough; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Filip Floegel writes:
 > hello gsl community,
 >  gsl_sf_coupling_3j doesn't work properly for large angular mementa

The package "matpack" (www.matpack.de) includes many special functions,
also the 3j symbols. They refer to some quite complicated numerical
methods using recursion relations to get the right answers for large
momenta, and to 1975-1976 papers by Schulten and Gordon for the
description of the algorithms. The papers can be downloaded for free at
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Publications/Papers/

--

@ 2002-10-19 14:38   ` Andrea Riciputi
From: Andrea Riciputi @ 2002-10-19 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss; +Cc: Brian Gough

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 08:41 PM, Brian Gough wrote:

>>  In the TODO file, I noticed a wish to distribute Abramowitz and
>> Stegun with GSL. It seems that the old edition Abramowitz and
>> Stegun is now available online
>> (http://members.fortunecity.com/aadns/) as page images, total about
>> 50 MB.  (Just to let you know.)
>
> Wow that's good news. I didn't know about it, thanks for posting the
> information.
>
> (corrected url for the list: http://members.fortunecity.com/aands/)
>
> Do you have any idea how to contact the person behind it?  I could not
> find any information on the site itself.
>
> Brian

I've tried to download all the pages as described on the site without
success. Someone could tell me how to get them??

Thanks,
Andrea.
---
Andrea Riciputi        <mailto:andrea.riciputi@libero.it>

"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out,
   but that is not the reason we are doing it" -- (Richard Feynman)

* Re: Abramowitz and Stegun (1964) online
@ 2002-10-19 23:07     ` Steve ROBBINS
From: Steve ROBBINS @ 2002-10-19 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Riciputi; +Cc: gsl-discuss

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 09:46:38PM +0200, Andrea Riciputi wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 08:41 PM, Brian Gough wrote:
>
> >>  In the TODO file, I noticed a wish to distribute Abramowitz and
> >> Stegun with GSL. It seems that the old edition Abramowitz and
> >> Stegun is now available online
> >> (http://members.fortunecity.com/aadns/) as page images, total about
> >> 50 MB.  (Just to let you know.)
> >
> > Wow that's good news. I didn't know about it, thanks for posting the
> > information.
> >
> > (corrected url for the list: http://members.fortunecity.com/aands/)
> >
> > Do you have any idea how to contact the person behind it?  I could not
> > find any information on the site itself.
> >
> > Brian
>
> I've tried to download all the pages as described on the site without
> success. Someone could tell me how to get them??

I used "wget -r" ...

[http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html]

-Steve

* Re: Abramowitz and Stegun (1964) online
@ 2004-03-05 15:55 ` Alex Casti
From: Alex Casti @ 2004-03-05 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Przemyslaw Sliwa; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Here's one working link:

http://www.math.sfu.ca/~cbm/aands/

@ 2004-03-05 13:43 Przemyslaw Sliwa
From: Przemyslaw Sliwa @ 2004-03-05 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Is the ebook stil online?

I annot find it using the link indicated below: