public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* Gtk Tutorial examples
@ 1999-12-09 11:57 Alex Stark
From: Alex Stark @ 1999-12-09 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Hello,

In the absence of a tutorial or reference documentation, I started to
write versions of the programs in the Gtk Tutorial.

* This is a really quick and easy project.

* http://www.niss.org/~stark/software/gg-tutorial.tar.gz contains the
first few examples

* If something similar is underway, let me know!

* I think it best to create a direct translation of each and then more
Schemeish versions. Comparison with the C code is useful to a C person
with no Gtk knowledge.

* Please point out errors - I don't know Scheme very well.

* Contributions / suggestions welcome. (This is currently unofficial.)

Alex Stark.

* Re: gtk tutorial: missing?
@ 2000-01-18  7:09 Alex Stark
From: Alex Stark @ 2000-01-18  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Hi Corey, et al!

The serious demise of the entire NISS system, possibly related to
hacking efforts aimed at my laptop [:-/] has indeed meant that
everything on that web server is unavailable.

For now at least the tutorial examples are available at:
http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~jas/misc/gg-tutorial.tar.gz

I am still working on them - there are a few more to go.  The PROGRESS
file indicates how things are going.  Please provide comments, bug fixes
and updates.  This project is heavy going.

Alex Stark.
PLEASE USE jas@eng.cam.ac.uk for obvious reasons.