public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Source mode, function selector and file selector : display pb
@ 2006-01-05  8:47 wilfried.fauvel
From: wilfried.fauvel @ 2006-01-05  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi all,
I have a little problem with Insight (cygwin win32), when I start it, I have to resize the window to view the Source mode, function selector and file selector (under the icons bar). Is there any tips to fix that ?

Thx.

Jusqu'au 25 décembre, participez  au grand jeu du Calendrier de l'Avent et
 gagnez tous les jours de nombreux lots, + de 300 cadeaux en jeu !

* Re: Source mode, function selector and file selector : display pb
@ 2006-01-05 18:55 ` Vale Group
From: Vale Group @ 2006-01-05 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

wilfried.fauvel@laposte.net wrote:
> I have a little problem with Insight (cygwin win32), when I start it, I
> have to resize the window to view the Source mode, function selector and
> file selector (under the icons bar). Is there any tips to fix that ?

That's been a problem since the version of about 18 February 2003.  The only
workaround I know of is to slightly adjust the window size.  Then the missing
strip will pop into view.

--
Chuck

* Re: Source mode, function selector and file selector : display pb
@ 2006-01-12 21:21   ` Vale Group
From: Vale Group @ 2006-01-12 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'insight'

Dave Korn wrote:
>   A good way to find out which is the live one and which is a stray old copy
> is to edit it manually and place the instruction "exit 0" on a line on its
> own at the patch site.

Only one copy of srcwin.itb appears on my disk and to verify that it is really
being read, I temporarily renamed it.  The Source Window does not appear when
Insight is invoked, proving that I'm working on the correct file.  I restored
the correct file name but still the source selector bar does not appear until
the window is manually resized.

--
Chuck

* Re: Source mode, function selector and file selector : display pb
@ 2006-01-12 16:56   ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2006-01-12 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Korn
  Cc: 'Wilfried Fauvel', 'valegroup', 'insight'

Dave Korn wrote:
>   A good way to find out which is the live one and which is a stray old copy
> is to edit it manually and place the instruction "exit 0" on a line on its own
> at the patch site.

Or open a console window and type "tk set ::GDBTK_LIBRARY". It will show
you where the tcl sources it is using are located.

Keith

* RE: Source mode, function selector and file selector : display pb
@ 2006-01-12 12:35 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-01-12 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Wilfried Fauvel', 'valegroup'; +Cc: 'insight'

Wilfried Fauvel wrote:
> Hi,
> if it can help you (I'm using Insight 6.4), srcwin.itb in my file system
> is in /usr/local/share/insight1.0/, and an "unused" version (that's true
> ?) is in /usr/share/insight1.0/.

  A good way to find out which is the live one and which is a stray old copy
is to edit it manually and place the instruction "exit 0" on a line on its own
at the patch site.

  After that, if your insight still works at all, you got the other one.  If
it exits on startup before even opening the main window, you found it!

  (This is what I did on my system where I also have two copies and it WFM.)

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: Source mode, function selector and file selector : display pb
@ 2006-01-12  8:05 Wilfried Fauvel
From: Wilfried Fauvel @ 2006-01-12  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: valegroup; +Cc: insight

Hi,
if it can help you (I'm using Insight 6.4), srcwin.itb in my file system is in /usr/local/share/insight1.0/, and an "unused" version (that's true ?) is in /usr/share/insight1.0/.

> Dave Korn wrote:
> > Wilfried Fauvel wrote:
> >> Is this patch will be integreted in the next release ?
> >
> >   Fortunately, tcl is a scripting language.  You can just apply the patch to
> > your local copy of srcwin.itb (in /usr/share/insight1.0 or perhaps
> > /usr/local/share/...) and it will take effect immediately!
>
> Ah, if only that were true in my case.
>
> I made the change in my copy of srcwin.itb.  Alas, I still have to adjust the
> size of the window to make that bar appear. (Note that this occurs with a window
> which is NOT maximized at startup. I simultaneously open a Local Variables
> window which is tiled horizontally with the Source Window.)
>
> I'm using version 6.3.50_2004-12-28 dated March 25, 2005.  I'm still running
> Windows 98SE and later versions require DLLs which are not available on my
> system.
>
> --
> Chuck

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)

* Re: Source mode, function selector and file selector : display pb
@ 2006-01-12  0:29   ` Vale Group
From: Vale Group @ 2006-01-12  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

@ 2006-01-11 10:29 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-01-11 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Wilfried Fauvel', 'dieter_ruppert'; +Cc: 'insight'

@ 2006-01-11  9:17 Wilfried Fauvel
From: Wilfried Fauvel @ 2006-01-11  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dieter_ruppert; +Cc: insight

Hi,
thanks for your answers,
Is this patch will be integreted in the next release ?

Regards.

@ 2006-01-09  8:43 Ruppert
From: Ruppert @ 2006-01-09  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight, valegroup