public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Insight stalls when running program
@ 2005-07-27  8:07 Jesper Klitgaard
From: Jesper Klitgaard @ 2005-07-27  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,

I now got Insight up and running.

I load a simple executable in to the program;

     1    #include <stdio.h>
     2    #include <stdlib.h>
     3
     4    void f1()
-    5    {
-    6        printf("Function 1\n");
-    7    }
     8
     9    int main()
-    10    {
-    11        int i = 5;
-    12        printf("Hello world!\n");
-    13        f1();
     14
-    15        i += 5;
     16
-    17        return 0;
-    18    }

When I press run, Insight stalls. I have to force quit the program
because its not responding.

Does anybody have any idea whats wrong?

Regards,
Jesper Klitgaard

* Re: Insight stalls when running program
@ 2005-07-27  9:07 ` Steven Johnson
From: Steven Johnson @ 2005-07-27  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Klitgaard; +Cc: insight

Im sorry, but you havent really given us a lot to go by to answer your
question.

1. What version of Insight?
2. Did you build it? Or was it pre-installed?
3. Is it a local program or remote?
4. What OS? Windows? Linux? What version, etc.
5. How did you build your program? What compiler did you use?

Im sure there are a lot more things the people of this list who can
answer your problem may need to know, but these are the basics.  Without
these, any answer would be just idle speculation at best.

I know this isnt the answer you were after, but please help us help you.

Steven Johnson

@ 2005-08-01 18:52 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2005-08-01 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Klitgaard; +Cc: insight

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 10:07 +0200, Jesper Klitgaard wrote:

> I load a simple executable in to the program;
>
>      1    #include <stdio.h>
>      2    #include <stdlib.h>
>      3
>      4    void f1()
> -    5    {
> -    6        printf("Function 1\n");
> -    7    }
>      8
>      9    int main()
> -    10    {
> -    11        int i = 5;
> -    12        printf("Hello world!\n");
> -    13        f1();
>      14
> -    15        i += 5;
>      16
> -    17        return 0;
> -    18    }
>
> When I press run, Insight stalls. I have to force quit the program
> because its not responding.
>
> Does anybody have any idea whats wrong?

This sounds a familiar. How are you running insight? (from a terminal or
some GUI way?)

First thing to try (if you haven't already) is to use the Run button
with the "use xterm as inferior's tty" option selected (go to File-
>Target Settings... and select the "exec" target, click the use xterm
option, and click "OK").

Keith