public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Problem reported in main.tcl for insight 5.0
@ 2000-06-22  5:49 Amlan  Chakraborty
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Amlan  Chakraborty @ 2000-06-22  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,

I'm using a Windows 95 with cygwin for an  ARM PID 7t development board,
the build of the gdb
don't make any error, but when i launch the arm-elf-gdb an error occur
it's :

"Can't find a usable main.tcl in the following directories :
d:/cygwin/tools/share/gdbtcl d:/cygwin/tools/gdbtcl .....

but the main.tcl file is in the  d:/cygwin/tools/share/gdbtcl location
???

Moreover the arm-elf-gdb works fine with the -nw option (no
window).

I found this problem also reported by balet charles-henri in the mailing
lists archive. If there is a solution please reply ASAP.
I feel the installation was proper including the patches for the
source.

can any one help me ?

Regards Amlan

* Re: Problem reported in main.tcl for insight 5.0
@ 2000-06-22  6:07 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2000-06-22  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amlan Chakraborty; +Cc: insight

Amlan Chakraborty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a Windows 95 with cygwin for an  ARM PID 7t development board,
> the build of the gdb
> don't make any error, but when i launch the arm-elf-gdb an error occur
> it's :
>
> "Can't find a usable main.tcl in the following directories :
> d:/cygwin/tools/share/gdbtcl d:/cygwin/tools/gdbtcl .....
>
> but the main.tcl file is in the  d:/cygwin/tools/share/gdbtcl location
> ???
>
> Moreover the arm-elf-gdb works fine with the -nw option (no
> window).
>
> I found this problem also reported by balet charles-henri in the mailing
> lists archive. If there is a solution please reply ASAP.
> I feel the installation was proper including the patches for the
> source.

Have you tried scanning the online archives of this group? Chris Faylor
has recently mentioned that there was an incompatibility between some
cygwin change a little while ago and Tcl. See if any of the
suggestions/solutions posted in the last few weeks helps any.

If not, let us know. Include cygwin version and insight version
(preferably from the tarballs that you downloaded).

Keith

* Re: Problem reported in main.tcl for insight 5.0
@ 2000-06-22  6:12 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2000-06-22  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amlan Chakraborty; +Cc: insight

Amlan Chakraborty wrote:

> can any one help me ?

Get both the latest cygwin drop and the latest (post 5.0) gdb.

This problem should go away.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com

* Re: Problem reported in main.tcl for insight 5.0
@ 2000-06-22  8:49 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-06-22  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amlan Chakraborty; +Cc: insight

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 05:58:54PM +0530, Amlan  Chakraborty wrote:
>Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:58:54 +0530
>From: "Amlan  Chakraborty" <amlan.cha@wipro.com>
>To: insight@sourceware.cygnus.com
>Subject: Problem reported in main.tcl for insight 5.0
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm using a Windows 95 with cygwin for an  ARM PID 7t development board,
>the build of the gdb
>don't make any error, but when i launch the arm-elf-gdb an error occur
>it's :
>
>"Can't find a usable main.tcl in the following directories :
>d:/cygwin/tools/share/gdbtcl d:/cygwin/tools/gdbtcl .....
>
>but the main.tcl file is in the  d:/cygwin/tools/share/gdbtcl location
>???
>
>Moreover the arm-elf-gdb works fine with the -nw option (no
>window).
>
>I found this problem also reported by balet charles-henri in the mailing
>lists archive. If there is a solution please reply ASAP.
>I feel the installation was proper including the patches for the
>source.
>
>can any one help me ?

This has been mentioned many times in the archive:

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/insight/2000-q2/msg00297.html

cgf

* Re: Problem reported in main.tcl for insight 5.0
@ 2000-06-23  8:51   ` Amlan  Chakraborty
From: Amlan  Chakraborty @ 2000-06-23  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 05:58:54PM +0530, Amlan  Chakraborty wrote:
> >Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:58:54 +0530
> >From: "Amlan  Chakraborty" <amlan.cha@wipro.com>
> >To: insight@sourceware.cygnus.com
> >Subject: Problem reported in main.tcl for insight 5.0
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm using a Windows 95 with cygwin for an  ARM PID 7t development board,
> >the build of the gdb
> >don't make any error, but when i launch the arm-elf-gdb an error occur
> >it's :
> >
> >"Can't find a usable main.tcl in the following directories :
> >d:/cygwin/tools/share/gdbtcl d:/cygwin/tools/gdbtcl .....
> >
> >but the main.tcl file is in the  d:/cygwin/tools/share/gdbtcl location
> >???
> >
> >Moreover the arm-elf-gdb works fine with the -nw option (no
> >window).
> >
> >I found this problem also reported by balet charles-henri in the mailing
> >lists archive. If there is a solution please reply ASAP.
> >I feel the installation was proper including the patches for the
> >source.
> >
> >can any one help me ?
>
> This has been mentioned many times in the archive:
>
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/insight/2000-q2/msg00297.html
>
> cgf

Hi

I took the insight+dejagnu.tar.bz2 file from the latest snapshot ( Jun 17th)
from one of the cygnus mirror sites and tried to build it for ARM - ELF on
Windows . It gave errors while building regarding some tclsh.exe. I am using
cygwin dll ver 1.1.2

Has somebody else faced this problem. If yes what is the solution?

Regards Amlan