public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* thread support
@ 2001-03-28  8:28 Jim Kleck
From: Jim Kleck @ 2001-03-28  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

We are working on an embedded target to add gdb support. We are using
insight 5.0. Everyting is going well except for one area: thread support.
I have been unable to figure out exactly what RSP packets are needed
and how to interpret them and their contents. In particular, it seems
that the gdb ThreadId is 1-based (when I return thrId = 0 for the "qC"
pkt, insight/gdb gets confused), whereas thread ids internal to the
target are 0-based. I have tried (external thrid = internal thrid + 1)
and this helped considerably but there are still problems. are there any
docs regarding this?

JimK

* Thread support
@ 1999-08-04 15:24 Judy Anderson
From: Judy Anderson @ 1999-08-04 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight; +Cc: yduJ

I was interested to read about insight, and I tried downloading
insight-19990727, and running it.  Unfortunately, it does not seem to
have the Linux thread support that there is a patch for gdb 4.17
about ( http://www.gr.opengroup.org/java/jdk/linux/download/gdb-4.17.patch.gz ),
and I managed to make it core dump (or perhaps just exit abruptly)
when I attempted to use it to debug a threads program.  Is there any
plan to have thread support in insight?

					Judy Anderson "yduJ"
					yduJ@harlequin.com
					617-374-2547