public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Thread support
@ 1999-08-04 15:24 Judy Anderson
From: Judy Anderson @ 1999-08-04 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight; +Cc: yduJ

I was interested to read about insight, and I tried downloading
insight-19990727, and running it.  Unfortunately, it does not seem to
have the Linux thread support that there is a patch for gdb 4.17
about ( http://www.gr.opengroup.org/java/jdk/linux/download/gdb-4.17.patch.gz ),
and I managed to make it core dump (or perhaps just exit abruptly)
when I attempted to use it to debug a threads program.  Is there any
plan to have thread support in insight?

					Judy Anderson "yduJ"
					yduJ@harlequin.com
					617-374-2547

* Re: Thread support
@ 1999-08-10  1:53 ` Jim Blandy
From: Jim Blandy @ 1999-08-10  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Judy Anderson; +Cc: insight, yduJ

> I was interested to read about insight, and I tried downloading
> insight-19990727, and running it.  Unfortunately, it does not seem to
> have the Linux thread support that there is a patch for gdb 4.17
> about ( http://www.gr.opengroup.org/java/jdk/linux/download/gdb-4.17.patch.gz ),
> and I managed to make it core dump (or perhaps just exit abruptly)
> when I attempted to use it to debug a threads program.  Is there any
> plan to have thread support in insight?

The thread support we did for Code Fusion has not yet been merged into
our main sources, from which the Insight snapshots are made.  Once it
is merged, Insight will support threads on Linux, to the extent that
Code Fusion does.

* Re: thread support
@ 2001-03-28  8:52 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2001-03-28  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kleck; +Cc: insight

Jim Kleck wrote:

> We are working on an embedded target to add gdb support. We are using
> insight 5.0. Everyting is going well except for one area: thread support.
> I have been unable to figure out exactly what RSP packets are needed
> and how to interpret them and their contents. In particular, it seems
> that the gdb ThreadId is 1-based (when I return thrId = 0 for the "qC"
> pkt, insight/gdb gets confused), whereas thread ids internal to the
> target are 0-based. I have tried (external thrid = internal thrid + 1)
> and this helped considerably but there are still problems. are there any
> docs regarding this?

This is the list for Insight, the GUI to GDB.  There is a GDB proper list and some people there will know more about thread support:

    gdb@sources.redhat.com

You should post your message there.

--
Fernando Nasser