public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: Unable to restore previously selected frame: Observations
@ 2002-12-04  4:42 Ruppert
From: Ruppert @ 2002-12-04  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight; +Cc: dieter_ruppert

Hi,

Andrew Cagney wrote:

> I suspect it's insight@.  Switching list back :-)
>

> > about two weeks ago I posted the following note to insight@sorces.redhat.com.
> > It deals with a bogus "Unable to restore previously selected frame" warning
> > which seems to occur randomly when a function call is made from the
> > gdb/insight console.
> >
> > I found one reason for this; and because it is more a gdb issue than a
> > insight issue I thought these observations might be useful:
>
> Can you try reproducing this with more up-to-date sources (preferably
> those from the mainline).  See:
>
> ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/current/
>
> The frame code is currently undergoing ongoing radical reform.
> Consequently, this problem may or may not still be present.  The global
> variable `selected_frame_level' that you refered to, for instance, has gone.

Sorry for the delay. I just tried insight+dejagnu-20021129, and there
the problem is indeed gone. Thus, no need to worry about this.
Thanks for the hint!

Best Regards
D.Ruppert
ru@swb.siemens.de

* Re: Unable to restore previously selected frame: Observations
@ 2002-12-04  8:56 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2002-12-04  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruppert; +Cc: insight

> Sorry for the delay. I just tried insight+dejagnu-20021129, and there
> the problem is indeed gone. Thus, no need to worry about this.
> Thanks for the hint!

That's good news.  It means that the (slow painful) frame overhaul
really is flushing out long standing bugs.

Andrew

* Re: Unable to restore previously selected frame: Observations
       [not found] <200211131719.gADHJYu14688@haiti.swb.siemens.de>
@ 2002-11-28 20:15 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2002-11-28 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruppert; +Cc: insight