public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* would this be an improvement?
@ 2006-06-08 14:05 Torsten Mohr
From: Torsten Mohr @ 2006-06-08 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,

i use insight-weekly-6.5-50 at the moment and i have two things
that i think would be worth to improve:

When insight starts up i see the main window with the menu bar
and a toolbar where i can hit "run" and "step" and so on.

Whatever i do, i _have_ _to_ change the size of that main
window to make the _other_ toolbar appear where i can select
the function/file and the view of the source window (SOURCE,
ASSEMBLY, MIXED, SRC+ASM).

Is it possible to make this one appear straight from the beginning?

Is it possible to let insight remember that i want "SRC+ASM" view?

One more thing, for a bug report i just had to describe the
content of the stack window.
Is there a way to mark all the entries and "copy" them?
I don't know how much effort there is in generating a right-click
popup menu "Select all" and generate a string from the single
entries in the listbox.  I think some function like that could be
useful for the other windows as well.
At the moment the least error prone way to describe others the
content is to make a screen shot.  Sending those around on a
mailing list is mostly not appreciated.

Best regards,
Torsten.

* RE: would this be an improvement?
@ 2006-06-08 14:39 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-06-08 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Torsten Mohr', insight

On 08 June 2006 15:09, Torsten Mohr wrote:

> Whatever i do, i _have_ _to_ change the size of that main
> window to make the _other_ toolbar appear where i can select
> the function/file and the view of the source window (SOURCE,
> ASSEMBLY, MIXED, SRC+ASM).
>
> Is it possible to make this one appear straight from the beginning?

http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2006-q1/threads.html#00004
http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2006-q1/threads.html#00009

It's a known bug.  The patch at

http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2006-q1/msg00009.html

works for me.

> One more thing, for a bug report i just had to describe the
> content of the stack window.
> Is there a way to mark all the entries and "copy" them?
> I don't know how much effort there is in generating a right-click
> popup menu "Select all" and generate a string from the single
> entries in the listbox.  I think some function like that could be
> useful for the other windows as well.
> At the moment the least error prone way to describe others the
> content is to make a screen shot.  Sending those around on a
> mailing list is mostly not appreciated.

  Actually, the best way is to issue the "bt" command in the console window,
from where you *can* cut and paste the output easily.

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: would this be an improvement?
@ 2006-06-08 20:27   ` Torsten Mohr
From: Torsten Mohr @ 2006-06-08 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Korn; +Cc: insight

Hi,

thanks for those hints.  I guess that will solve it.
I wonder why it is not contained in the latest
insight-weekly.

Best regards,
Torsten.

@ 2006-06-26 20:46     ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2006-06-26 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torsten Mohr; +Cc: insight

[Oh boy... Been sitting on this for several weeks now...]

Torsten Mohr wrote:

> thanks for those hints.  I guess that will solve it.
> I wonder why it is not contained in the latest
> insight-weekly.

You know, I'd swear that I looked at this, posted a revised patch and
asked for someone to double-check it. Alas, I don't see that anywhere.
Maybe I'm hallucinating.

Anyway, this is insight/253. Looks like 263 could be the same thing.

I've commited the patch from the the mail now to make sure I don't
forget about this again. I've also put it on the 6.5 branch, and I will
cut a 6.5 release today.

My apologies to all those annoyed by this.

Keith

ChangeLog
2006-06-26  Keith Seitz  <keiths@redhat.com>

         * library/srcwin.itb (_build_win): Add invisible frame to
workaround
         the missing frame problem.