public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* [Problem] I can't do "next" in insight!
@ 2008-05-04 19:53 Kefei Lu
From: Kefei Lu @ 2008-05-04 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi support,

I can't do "next" or "step" in insight. When I press the button, the
green highlighted line stays where it was. So I opened a gdb console
in insight and type "n", this time it showed:

(gdb) n
Error: Warning:
Cannot insert breakpoint -11.
Error accessing memory address 0x29be0: Input/output error.

I reinstalled insight and gdb, and the problem remained.

I'm using Ubuntu 7.04, GNU gdb 6.6-debian, but "insight --version"
shows "GNU gdb 6.5".

Thanks a lot!