public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: Frank Duignan <frank.duignan@gmail.com>
Cc: insight@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: patch for insight-6.8.1
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:07:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 08/19/2010 11:46 AM, Frank Duignan wrote:
> I tried to build insight 6.8.1 for arm-elf and ran into man (terminal)
> warnings.  These all related to ignored return values from function
> calls.  I fixed these up and here is the diff.

Thanks for the diff. Have you tried a newer version, like a CVS
snapshot? [Gdb also "unofficially" available via git, too.]

I know there hasn't been much movement on a new "official" release, but
I am planning to do something when gdb officially releases 7.2. [FWIW,
I've used weekly snapshots of insight+gdb for years. Almost never have a
problem.]

The diffs you supplied all pertain to gdb's files, and I'll bet these
are LONG since solved since 6.8.1. So I did a little digging...

 From what I can figure out, all the problems with getcwd have been
addressed. As has the "write" in utils.c. "dup" is no longer used in
inflow.c, so I'm guessing that's fixed, too.

That leaves one potential problem in eval.c (initializing the array).  I
cannot tell you whether this has been addressed or not because the diff
doesn't contain enough context information (please use "-u" option to
diff next time).

I encourage you to try a snapshot or CVS/git checkout to see if any of
these problems persist. You should report any further problems to the
gdb mailing list (gdb@ instead of insight@).

Keith