public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* Why GCJ won't load my plugin when compiling bytecode?
@ 2011-09-09 20:57 Li junsong
From: Li junsong @ 2011-09-09 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java

Hi there,

I have a java source code Welcome.java, and my plugin's name is findvar.so.
To avoid things getting complex, I write a very simple plugin,
printing out Hello
when loaded(printing hello in initial function).

My plugin can be loaded if GCJ compiles source code to native machine code,
that is if I type:
                   gcj-4.6 -fplugin=findvar.so Welcome.java --main=Welcome
Hello is then output to screen, and a.out is produced.

But it won't work if GCJ compiles source code to java bytecode
                   gcj-4.6 -fplugin=findvar.so -C Welcome.java --main=Welcome
Nothing is promoted, only Welcome.class is produced.

Does that mean that GCJ doesn't support -C and -fplugin at the same time?

I really appreciate your answer.

J. Li