public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* Re: Does libgccjit support union definitions?
@ 2015-01-01  0:00 ` Dibyendu Majumdar
From: Dibyendu Majumdar @ 2015-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit

On 9 June 2015 at 22:33, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> LLVM does not support unions - so one has to use structs and casts
> etc. Does libgccjit support union types?

I see that there is an API to create a union type, although this is
not described in the online docs. So in general are the online docs
kept up to date or should I just refer to the header file?

Regards

From: Dibyendu Majumdar @ 2015-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Malcolm; +Cc: jit

On 10 June 2015 at 01:07, David Malcolm <dmalcolm@redhat.com> wrote:
> libgccjit does support union types; I just forgot to document them.
>
> The online docs are up-to-date, but they may be incomplete in places, as
> in this case.  Please let the mailing list know if you see any other
> things that aren't documented (or file them as bugs against the "jit"
> component).

Ok will do.

> For an example of using a union type, see this testcase:
> https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/gcc/testsuite/jit.dg/test-accessing-union.c

Thanks that's very helpful.

Regards
Dibyendu

* Re: Does libgccjit support union definitions?
@ 2015-01-01  0:00   ` David Malcolm
From: David Malcolm @ 2015-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dibyendu Majumdar; +Cc: jit

On Tue, 2015-06-09 at 22:50 +0100, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> On 9 June 2015 at 22:33, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> > LLVM does not support unions - so one has to use structs and casts
> > etc. Does libgccjit support union types?
> >

> I see that there is an API to create a union type, although this is
> not described in the online docs. So in general are the online docs
> kept up to date or should I just refer to the header file?

libgccjit does support union types; I just forgot to document them.

The online docs are up-to-date, but they may be incomplete in places, as
in this case.  Please let the mailing list know if you see any other
things that aren't documented (or file them as bugs against the "jit"
component).

For an example of using a union type, see this testcase:
https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/gcc/testsuite/jit.dg/test-accessing-union.c

Dave