public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* libgccjit maintenance status
@ 2020-01-01  0:00 Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2020-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: jit

Hi all,

I'd like to ask about the maintenance status of libgccjit.

Personally (in my spare time) I'd like to contribute more to it but I
feel the development is a little stuck and patches don't get
reviewed[1].  More widely speaking we have a feature branch under active
development in emacs.git that relies on libgccjit therefore its
maintenance status is a fundamental information to have.

Alternatively what can I do to help speed up the review of these
patches?

Thanks and Regards

  Andrea

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/jit/2020-q1/msg00002.html
    https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/jit/2020-q1/msg00001.html

* Re: libgccjit maintenance status
@ 2020-01-01  0:00 ` David Malcolm
From: David Malcolm @ 2020-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Corallo, gcc; +Cc: jit

On Thu, 2020-03-05 at 19:40 +0000, Andrea Corallo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to ask about the maintenance status of libgccjit.

I'm the maintainer.  GCC 10 is currently in stage 4 so making changes
may require release-manager signoff.

> Personally (in my spare time) I'd like to contribute more to it but I
> feel the development is a little stuck and patches don't get
> reviewed[1].

Sorry about that.  I know I lost some email at the end of last year,
and I've been very busy working on the static analyzer [2].

Please ping the list weekly if I'm not getting around to reviewing
patches.

> More widely speaking we have a feature branch under active
> development in emacs.git that relies on libgccjit therefore its
> maintenance status is a fundamental information to have.
>
> Alternatively what can I do to help speed up the review of these
> patches?
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
>   Andrea
>
> [1] https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/jit/2020-q1/msg00002.html