public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* Libgccjit citation
@ 2023-08-07 16:36 Li, Yicheng
From: Li, Yicheng @ 2023-08-07 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit

Hi,

I’m writing a paper on libgccjit.
But I cannot find the citation related to this.
Could you provide if there’s been a paper or citation?

Thank you
Yicheng Li

* Re: Libgccjit citation
@ 2023-08-07 17:20 ` David Malcolm
From: David Malcolm @ 2023-08-07 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Li, Yicheng, jit

On Mon, 2023-08-07 at 16:36 +0000, Li, Yicheng via Jit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m writing a paper on libgccjit.

Excellent.  Would you be able to post a link to it when it's done?

> But I cannot find the citation related to this.
> Could you provide if there’s been a paper or citation?

I don't know of an existing academic paper on libgccjit, or what the
rules for citations are.

FWIW, the earliest public reference to it I know of is my initial
mailing list announcement here:
https://gcc.gnu.org/legacy-ml/gcc-patches/2013-10/msg00228.html

and the first presesntation I know of on it is the one I did at GNU
Tools Cauldron 2014:
https://dmalcolm.fedorapeople.org/presentations/cauldron-2014/jit/
(slides)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsaDtUkPu34&list=PLOGTP9W1DX5U53pPxtWdKkyiqe3GAn6Nd
(video)

The project's home page as such is this page on the GCC wiki:
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/JIT

Does this answer your questions?

Thanks
Dave

* Re: Libgccjit citation
@ 2023-08-07 17:23   ` Li, Yicheng
From: Li, Yicheng @ 2023-08-07 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Malcolm; +Cc: jit

Here’s the draft and it’s due tonight.
I’ll see how I can cite this.

Thank you
Yicheng Li

> On Aug 7, 2023, at 1:20 PM, David Malcolm <dmalcolm@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 2023-08-07 at 16:36 +0000, Li, Yicheng via Jit wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I’m writing a paper on libgccjit.
>
> Excellent.  Would you be able to post a link to it when it's done?
>
>> But I cannot find the citation related to this.
>> Could you provide if there’s been a paper or citation?
>
> I don't know of an existing academic paper on libgccjit, or what the
> rules for citations are.
>
> FWIW, the earliest public reference to it I know of is my initial
> mailing list announcement here:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/legacy-ml/gcc-patches/2013-10/msg00228.html
>
> and the first presesntation I know of on it is the one I did at GNU
> Tools Cauldron 2014:
> https://dmalcolm.fedorapeople.org/presentations/cauldron-2014/jit/
> (slides)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsaDtUkPu34&list=PLOGTP9W1DX5U53pPxtWdKkyiqe3GAn6Nd
> (video)
>
> The project's home page as such is this page on the GCC wiki:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/JIT
>
> Does this answer your questions?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

[-- Attachment #2: jit_pack_paper.pdf --]

* Re: Libgccjit citation
@ 2023-08-08  8:30 ` Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2023-08-08  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Li, Yicheng via Jit; +Cc: Li, Yicheng

"Li, Yicheng via Jit" <jit@gcc.gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I’m writing a paper on libgccjit.
> But I cannot find the citation related to this.
> Could you provide if there’s been a paper or citation?
>
> Thank you
> Yicheng Li

Hi

not sure it helps but this paper refers to libgccjit multiple times.

https://arxiv.org/abs/2004.02504

Best Regards

  Andrea