* Last Responder Wins in Patchwork?
@ 2016-11-30  9:44 Rical Jasan
From: Rical Jasan @ 2016-11-30  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

Why does this say I'm the submitter?

https://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/12829/

It's been kind of a late night, but things shouldn't be that weird...
does anybody else see that?

* Re: Last Responder Wins in Patchwork?
@ 2016-11-30 12:57 ` Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2016-11-30 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rical Jasan; +Cc: libc-alpha

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, Rical Jasan wrote:

> Why does this say I'm the submitter?
>
> https://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/12829/

Because the message it is based on is one where you included a patch.
Note the "I've attached the beginnings of how I would approach it" in the
first message shown.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

* Re: Last Responder Wins in Patchwork?
@ 2016-11-30 14:03   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2016-11-30 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Myers, Rical Jasan; +Cc: libc-alpha

On 11/30/2016 07:56 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, Rical Jasan wrote:
>
>> Why does this say I'm the submitter?
>>
>> https://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/12829/
>
> Because the message it is based on is one where you included a patch.
> Note the "I've attached the beginnings of how I would approach it" in the
> first message shown.

Mark it RFC if that's what is is, and then re-post a new patch
under a new thread if that's the way you want to go.

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Patch%20Review%20Workflow

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Last Responder Wins in Patchwork?
@ 2017-05-27 11:36     ` Rical Jasan
From: Rical Jasan @ 2017-05-27 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, Joseph Myers; +Cc: libc-alpha

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I finally had time to roam around
some more in patchwork, and have some follow up.

On 11/30/2016 06:03 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 11/30/2016 07:56 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, Rical Jasan wrote:
>>> Why does this say I'm the submitter?
>>>
>>> https://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/12829/
>>
>> Because the message it is based on is one where you included a patch.
>> Note the "I've attached the beginnings of how I would approach it" in the
>> first message shown.

Seems that even text in the message that looks like a diff incurs a
patch in patchwork:

https://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/20500/

That's brutal.

> Mark it RFC if that's what is is, and then re-post a new patch
> under a new thread if that's the way you want to go.
>
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Patch%20Review%20Workflow

"Not Applicable" is probably better in both the above cases, I think.
I'll be updating all my noise in the patchwork queue shortly.

Rical