* riscv glibc testing
@ 2022-11-11 19:48 Vineet Gupta
From: Vineet Gupta @ 2022-11-11 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Palmer Dabbelt, Darius Rad, Alistair Francis, Vincent Chen,
	Christoph Müllner, Philipp Tomsich
  Cc: libc-alpha, sw-dev

Hi,

Trying to understand how folks working on riscv glibc run the testsuite.

One could run native on Unmatched (but doesn't allow testing new
extensions) or native on qemu with linux (but that will likely be too
slow) specially the building part.

My preferred solution would be to avoid linux altogether, do a host
cross-build and test with User mode qemu. And then wire it into
riscv-gnu-toolchain [1] just like it currently tests gcc dejagnu.
However glibc cross testing from my prior ARC work required linux+ssh etc.

This email is to see if someone has such as setup already.

Thx,
-Vineet

[1] https://github.com/riscv-collab/riscv-gnu-toolchain