public inbox for libc-hacker@sourceware.org
* sysdeps/generic
@ 2005-12-14  8:48 Ulrich Drepper
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2005-12-14  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU libc hacker

As yo might have seen. I've checked in tons of patches to files in
sysdeps/generic.  In fact, they are gone from sysdeps/generic and placed
in the appropriate toplevel dirs.

Beside grouping sources more nicely together this also eliminates the
need to move files to sysdeps/generic to add an arch/platform specific
file.  Specifically, this makes the patch for the move of the complex
math functions obsolete.

I've quite thoroughly checked that the result didn't change on x86-64.
I looked at all the dependency files for changes.  There are no
unexpected ones.  Then I test compiled x86 and ppc64 without problems.

There are most likely problems for other archs lurking.  So, test it out.

The check-in is actually still going on.  My horribly slow line coupled
with cvs's crappy protocol make it slow.  So, avoid checking sources in
or out until you see no more traffic for a while.  I'll not wait until
this is down, it'll be another hour or two.  It's really time to move to
monotone...

Tomorrow morning I'll do more consistency checks and will send another
mail announcing that the repository is consistent again.