* http://manpagez.com/man/3/regex/
@ 2021-05-23 12:38 Peng Yu
From: Peng Yu @ 2021-05-23 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-help

http://manpagez.com/man/3/regex/

BSD regex supports REG_ENHANCED. But I don't find its support in
glibc. Is there a way to support REG_ENHANCED in glibc? Or there is an
alternative package that supports REG_ENHANCED across various
platforms?

--
Regards,
Peng

* Re: http://manpagez.com/man/3/regex/
@ 2021-05-23 14:05 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2021-05-23 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Yu; +Cc: libc-help

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 07:38:40AM -0500, Peng Yu via Libc-help wrote:
> http://manpagez.com/man/3/regex/

Better go to the right docs:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Flags-for-POSIX-Regexps.html

> BSD regex supports REG_ENHANCED. But I don't find its support in
> glibc. Is there a way to support REG_ENHANCED in glibc? Or there is an
> alternative package that supports REG_ENHANCED across various
> platforms?

glibc supports POSIX supports REG_EXTENDED :)

Cheers
 - t

* Re: http://manpagez.com/man/3/regex/
@ 2021-05-23 14:43   ` Peng Yu
From: Peng Yu @ 2021-05-23 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tomas; +Cc: libc-help

[-- Attachment #2: 0xFB96FDADB4F197A1.asc --]

* Re: http://manpagez.com/man/3/regex/
@ 2021-05-23 15:12     ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2021-05-23 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Yu; +Cc: libc-help

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 09:43:01AM -0500, Peng Yu wrote:

> That was not my question. I am asking whether libc regex support
> REG_ENHANCED or not.

Sigh. It's all in the ref I gave you. It has to support
REG_EXTENDED because it supports POSIX. You have to compile
it with POSIX support.

Please, read at least the refs given to you if someone does
the work of looking things up.

Cheers
 - t

* Re: http://manpagez.com/man/3/regex/