public inbox for libc-locales@sourceware.org
From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com>
To: Jakob Runge <sicarius@g4t3.de>, libc-locales@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Question regarding LC_MONETARY definitions for fr_CH and de_CH
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 04:22:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 5/17/19 7:12 PM, Jakob Runge wrote:
> If my observations are correct it would seem to me that the
> 'p_cs_precedes' and 'n_cs_precedes' for fr_CH should be adjusted.
>
> I'd love to read confirmation or correction on this.

The current data in fr_CH was contributed by Keld Simonsen, and you
should reach out to him also to discuss this issue.

In general glibc tries to match published government standards about
language locales and particularly for number formats.

Quoting that CLDR is different is not a good justification. Yes, we
are trying hard to harmonize the glibc locales with CLDR since it
avoids confusion. However, we also need to understand which database
has it right, and correct the other.

Are you a Swiss resident? Do you have experience with the locale
in question?

--
Cheers,
Carlos.