public inbox for libc-locales@sourceware.org
From: Jakob Runge <sicarius@g4t3.de>
To: libc-locales@sourceware.org
Subject: Question regarding LC_MONETARY definitions for fr_CH and de_CH
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 00:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

given that I'm new to this I hope that I don't tread on anyone's toes
and have found the right place for my question.
If not I'd be happy for any advise.

I've recently stumbled [1] over the LC_MONETARY definitions for fr_CH
and because fr_CH copies these from de_CH also over the ones from de_CH.
If I'm not completely mistaken these seem to be located in
'localedata/locales/fr_CH' and 'localedata/locales/de_CH' respectively.

When comparing the 'p_cs_precedes' and 'n_cs_precedes' settings against
the pages [2,3] from the unicode cldr survey-tool [4] I found what to
appears to be a mismatch to me for fr_CH.
That is for fr_CH the currency format in the CLDR appears to be defined
as '#,##0.00 ¤' which would be '1 295.00 CHF' or '-1 295.00 CHF',
but for 'localedata/locales/fr_CH' the values of 'p_cs_precedes' and
'n_cs_precedes' would be 1 on the current master commit (1f50f2a).

If my observations are correct it would seem to me that the
'p_cs_precedes' and 'n_cs_precedes' for fr_CH should be adjusted.

I'd love to read confirmation or correction on this.

All the best,
  Jakob

[1]: https://stackoverflow.com/q/56057751/448591
[2]: