public inbox for libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
* State of Header installation directory ?
@ 2019-10-06 17:42 Marc Ihm
From: Marc Ihm @ 2019-10-06 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss

Hi,

regarding the discussion about where to install the headers (e.g. ffi.h)
i am all in favor of targeting /usr/include or another public directory.

If I read

https://sourceware.org/ml/libffi-discuss/2018/msg00003.html

correctly, this has already been agreed upon.

But still the headers are installed e.g. in
/usr/local/lib64/libffi-3.2.1/include which cannot be found by e.g.
configure

So my question: has there been any progress in this matter ?

Or maybe, is there a recommende d workaround ?

Thank you and best regards
Marc Ihm

* Re: State of Header installation directory ?
@ 2019-10-07  6:12 ` Matthias Klose
From: Matthias Klose @ 2019-10-07  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Ihm, libffi-discuss

On 06.10.19 19:42, Marc Ihm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> regarding the discussion about where to install the headers (e.g. ffi.h) i am
> all in favor of targeting /usr/include or another public directory.
>
> If I read
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libffi-discuss/2018/msg00003.html
>
> correctly, this has already been agreed upon.
>
> But still the headers are installed e.g. in
> /usr/local/lib64/libffi-3.2.1/include which cannot be found by e.g. configure
>
> So my question: has there been any progress in this matter ?

this is fixed on the trunk, and in the first 3.3 release candidate.

* Re: State of Header installation directory ?
@ 2019-10-08  4:07   ` Marc Ihm
From: Marc Ihm @ 2019-10-08  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss

Great ! Thank you.