public inbox for libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
From: Thomas Rodgers <trodgers@redhat.com>
To: Iain Sandoe <iain@sandoe.co.uk>
Cc: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>,
	"libstdc++" <libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [RFA] choosing __platform_wait_t on targets without lock-free 64 atomics
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 16:53:51 -0800	[thread overview]

__platform_wait_t should be whatever the platform supports lock free
natively. The use of a 64 bit int there in the fall through was copied from
Olivier's original implementation for libc++, which uses __ulock_wait/wake
on Darwin which takes a unit64_t, because I had intended to add support
Darwin, but haven't done so yet.