public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* Mauve halts after first error.
@ 2004-07-04 23:57 ` James Damour
From: James Damour @ 2004-07-04 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

I am attempting to run the Mauve test suite that was downloaded as part
of fitzsim's jhbuild of gcj.  Sadly, when the test suite exits after it
finds the first error.  Any help in configuring or otherwise running the
testsuite so it exercises all tests would be greatly appreciated.

The proceedure I follow is as follows:
1) jhbuild build
2) cd .../mauve
3) ln -s <gcc source tree>/libjava/mauve-libgcj mauve-libgcj
4) ./configure --with-gcj
5) make KEYS=libgcj check

The last few lines are:
CLASSPATH=.:. gcj -fassume-compiled -g -O2 -c -o
gnu/testlet/java/beans/DescriptorTest.o
gnu/testlet/java/beans/DescriptorTest.java
CLASSPATH=.:. gcj -fassume-compiled -g -O2 -c -o
gnu/testlet/java/beans/Expression/check.o
gnu/testlet/java/beans/Expression/check.java
gnu/testlet/java/beans/Expression/check.java:30: error: Class or
interface `java.beans.Expression' not found in import.
   import java.beans.Expression;
          ^
gnu/testlet/java/beans/Expression/check.java:76: error: Type
`Expression' not found in the declaration of the local variable `expr'.
       Expression expr = new Expression(d, "method", arg1);
       ^
2 errors
make[1]: *** [gnu/testlet/java/beans/Expression/check.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/james/projects/gcc/sources/jhbuild-src/gcc/libjava/testsuite/libjava.mauve/mauve'
make: *** [check-am] Error 2

I have the following autotools installed (on an up-to-date Debian Sarge
system):
autoconf: 2.59-5
automake1.4: 1:1.4-p6-8
automake1.6: 1.6.3-11
automake1.7: 1.7.9-6
automake1.8: 1.8.5-1
autoproject: 0.17-1
autotools-dev: 20040312.1

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can send.
--
James Damour (Suvarov454) <suvarov454@users.sourceforge.net>

* Re: Mauve halts after first error.
@ 2004-07-05  3:43   ` Stephen Crawley
From: Stephen Crawley @ 2004-07-05  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Damour (Suvarov454); +Cc: mauve-discuss, crawley

Hi,

I ran into this particular problem too.  Someone has checked in a Mauve
test case that refers to a class that Classpath does not yet support.
[I wish people wouldn't do this!]

The workaround is to add the following line to your keys file:

!java.beans.Expression.check

-- Steve

* Re: Mauve halts after first error.
@ 2004-07-05  6:18     ` Mark Wielaard