public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
From: David Gilbert <david.gilbert@object-refinery.com>
To: Roman Kennke <roman@kennke.org>
Cc: Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>,
	classpath@gnu.org,         mauve-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Updating Mauve tags
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:59:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Roman Kennke wrote:

>The problem that I am seeing is when a test that is written to PASS
>under 1.4 fails under 1.5. There are lots of those tests in the
>testsuite for the javax.swing package.

Hi Roman,

Did I write those tests (or some of them)?   If so, send me the file
names and I'll see if I can clean them up a bit.  When I wrote them, I
checked the results only against Sun JDK 1.4.2 (*), but recently I have
started to use JDK 1.5 more regularly so now I can work on bringing the
tests up to date.

Regards,

Dave

(*)  One of the problems with Swing is that the API docs are very much
underspecified (completely missing in many cases), so it becomes
necessary to make educated guesses when writing the tests, then confirm
these against a specific implementation (in my case Sun's 1.4.2).